Duck Hunting Forum banner

Lets see `em pictures

113K views 352 replies 186 participants last post by  Lonnie R 
#1 ·
This is a fourm for Pictures of puddlers ya'll shoot. So start posting them up. It'd be nice if you included a short summary of the hunt also. Thanks,

Mallyard

#10 ·
Canadian Quacker said:
I like how you make the young fella wear the camo paint!!!
:toofunny:
Nice lookin' greenheads!! Keep it up!

CQ
Well I had a camo face mask on, I asked him if he wanted one and he said no. He saw the face paint with my hunting stuff and said I'll paint my face. He saw that on some duck/goose hunting videos we bought. He could have used a little more but it worked.

#13 ·
After a terrible marsh hunt that produced 4 birds for 2 of us and guys setting up ridiculously close to us, 40 yards no lie we headed to Erie today.
Well into my 13th waterfowling season and my 90th duck this year it finally happened, a band, a drake mallard, I still favor my divers but I'll take it, we had just got setup on a island on Erie when this drake mallard flushed from 2 feet near me from the marshgrass I pulled up piled him at no more than 10 yards, picked him up he seemed real dirty and slick, I smelled him he smelt like diesel fuel and was very scrawny but had a big thick head, then I looked and no way a band, I didn't believe it, but it is pretty worn, only make a few numbers out and barely any writing, and the band is thin, I am guessing 8years plus old, we'll see soon enough, anyhow look at the size comparison between this nice migrator and this scrawny old guy, I was quite suprised he could fly, I think I did the bird a favor though
m very suprised he could even fly!

#18 ·
Well I did a little researching and realized wait a minute there was a oiltanker truck that spilled in downtown Toledo a few weeks ago, well it was very close to the Mighty Maumee (maybe a few hundred yards) and I have also heard most of the drainage runs into the river and several people say they saw runnoff going into the river, well this bird was shot moreless where the river hits the lake, i am thinking that this may have been cuase and I like I said I am shocked this bird could actually fly, I contacted ODNR to see if maybe they'd like to take a look at the bird, I mean oil soaked ducks in my hunting grounds kind of concerns me but i got no response :pissed:

#20 ·
Did a little evening shoot on a public marsh full of swinging you know whats, lots of idiots but I think they felt real dumb watching me and my 2 buddys bang out our 18 bird limit when the best next to us was 2 by one guy :getdown:

#24 ·
They are not all Puddle Ducks, but the pics below are most of our duck hunts so far this season! There are a couple ducks hunts missing and a few strictly goose hunts in between.

Take Care,

Travis R. Bullock

10/06/05

10/20/05

10/29/05

11/03/05

11/04/05

11/05/05

11/06/05

11/10/05

11/15/05

11/15/05