What a morning!!!!

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

What a morning!!!!

Postby duckphanaticinpa » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:42 pm

Now to some this might be boring but here goes.

This morning I had plan to hunt with SUSKIEDRAKE. I awoke to find the weather report calling for not so nice windy weather. Well, I ended up meeting Suskie for the very first time this morning. He was a little hesitant about taking the boat out due to the possible high winds. Well he did it anyway and man am I glad. we ventured our way out to his favorite spot and set up shop. After about an hour of BSing we finally spotted some birds fly onto the shore across from us. Well after soem agressive calling the birds came over to take a look. It was two pair of Mallards. After shooting all but one of them we went to pick them up. I scooped mine up first and two my surpise it was a double banded reward bird. My first banded bird! All in all if it wasnt for the windy conditions we probably would have limited out on geese but we just couldnt get the decoys to sit in the water.

We ended up with four mallards total (in 3 hours). I missed a flock of three to end the day.

After all that I want to thank Suskie for a great hunt. For anyone who knows him. He is a modest guy who acts like he isnt the greatest waterfowl hunter. However after spending the morning with him. He is one of the best i have ever been around with a ton of knowledge.

Also thanks to this forum for giving us a place to meet other hunters!

PICS COMING SOON! (can someone help me with this)
duckphanaticinpa
hunter

Pics

Postby duckphanaticinpa » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:00 am

Here are some pics

duckphanaticinpa
hunter

Postby chevyZ71 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:29 pm

lucky. :mrgreen: lol.congrats man. :thumbsup:
chevyZ71
hunter

Postby take EM' close » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:57 am

Awesome....I'm still waiting on my FIRST band!!! Congratulations!!! :salude: :getdown:
No other site like honkers floating into you're decoys!
take EM' close
hunter

Postby bullocklabradors » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:31 am

Nice pictures and congrats on the bands! I am also waiting for a banded duck or goose. Some of my buddies have goose bands but no duck bands in this part YET!

Take Care,

Travis R. Bullock
"IF YOU CAN SEE THEIR EYES, SHOOT EM IN THE LIPS AND WATCH EM FOLD"

"IF IT FLIES IT DIES AND THEN IT'S RETRIEVED!"
bullocklabradors
Banned

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:36 am

congrats, keep it up.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackerkiller » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:33 pm

thats sweet my first band was a double bander with a $100 reward band on it what was the reward for yours
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting