would you do it

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

would you do it

Postby Joel » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:38 am

i was hunting public land the other day seen some out of towners hunting a freinds 10 acer marsh they stated they asked well i ask and my long time friend stated i could hunt any time i wanted im the type of guy if im hunting and you come up i would tell you come set in my blind if you want hunt over my decoys with me i like the comp. but most guys are not like that my ? would you hunt it.
make sure you scrach my Cooder, tickle my Cricket and feed Jake <thats my pups>
Joel
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:18 pm

Try to get there first. If you beat them and they show up later ask them to join you. IMO, 10 acres is way too small for 2 seperate groups.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Deadeye_youth » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:25 pm

It all depends on what kinda mood your in I guess. If i were you I would go talk to your buddy first and see whats up and If they can still hunt there or not. Ive hunted in a spot before and there were 3 other groups in a 10 acre marsh and I limited out in an hour while the other people who had been there since 3am only shoot a few. ( I got there about and hour before shootin hours) So it all depends.
WHACK EM' AN STACK EM'
Deadeye_youth
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:55 pm

if im hunting public land, and another group shows up at a reasonable time and they look like respectable people i always offer for them to hunt with me, no need to have 2 spreads and neither of us get shooting
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby Joel » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:45 pm

found out that 2 other guys had promision to hunt there to that where out of towners and the 2 new guys ran them off man thats not right im going to hunt that spot for sure now give them a tast of there oun med.
make sure you scrach my Cooder, tickle my Cricket and feed Jake <thats my pups>
Joel
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:20 am

The night before set up some lights near the spot so they think you got there first. If that doesnt work this sounds bad and you wouldn get anything but just go crazy and just take out a turkey, deer, elk, predator, duck, squirrel, or any kind of call and go crazy with it! Or use an airhorn or something. Or with your goose call just do a bunch of stuff to make the geese flare. Then just start taking shots (im not implying skybusting). Take the shots at safe areas. Or when the birds are like 200 yards out and your pellets wont touch them just start shooting. And yell out stuff like "Man i almost got him!" :tounge:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby gahunter » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:39 am

:thumbsdown: That would probably make a bad situation much worse. If you are going to get up, you might as well go somewhere where you can hunt instead of wasting time looking like a horses ass.
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:15 pm

gahunter wrote::thumbsdown: That would probably make a bad situation much worse. If you are going to get up, you might as well go somewhere where you can hunt instead of wasting time looking like a horses ass.

Or ruining your chance of ever hunting there again. I'd be too proud to act that stupid.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting