Duck Hunting Forum banner

How's the action?

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  tome 
#1 ·
How is everyone else doing. Here in Kansas we havn't been seeing much. Any ducks (mallards particulary) moving up north? Lets here some storys!

Mallyard

#3 ·
Hey we got a few small flights of mallards some pintails and gadwall with a medly of other ducks tossed in with the front that came though, but there arn't enough to make for good hunting really. Just a half dozen here and there real wary birds too, I'm thinking our friends up North already gave'em a real good education :laughing: Got me a couple anyway,but really had to work for them. Supposed to be 80 degrees here tommarrow :thumbsdown: at this rate season will be over before the ducks get here(I guess i'm a little anxious) :oops: Not to fret they'll be here soon it's the waiting that drives me nuts.

#6 ·
Been hunting ducks since the 60's and this is by far the worst start I've ever seen. Been out 5 times so far and have seen only 3 birds, Honkers are everywhere but we can't touch them now.

#8 ·
Hi guy's...been fiarly slow here...mostly locals not many down from the north yet....have had several days of rain, but the storms have been coming from the south so they have not pushed many ducks or geese our way...have a storm coming across Oregon, maybe that will push some to us.

#9 ·
The ducks have been flocking up heavily here lately. Numbers are great, but there is so much water around that it is hard to get them to pitch in if everything ain't just perfect. The birds have been hunted pretty hard and are very wary. Still, another limit today. 3 mallards 3 gads and a widgeon all drakes.

#15 ·
just had a cold spell come though ... and for me at least it looks as if it would be a fun weekend in kansas ... got home form school money day got readdy trew out about a doz deks on a pond in the middle of nowhere and pounded myself 5 gadwall took about 2 hours ... thinks look alot better this weekend than last here in KS
david

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.