found new spot how should i call them in

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

found new spot how should i call them in

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:37 pm

there are alot of ducks the sky turns green when i get to my spot to many mallards to count 200-300 pop up it is a shallow area and i have a spread with 2 bluebill hens 2 mallard drakes 2 mallard hens 2 pintail drakes 2 pintail hens there are many sticks around and they seem to feed there how should i call them and set up my spread the other bank is about 200 yards away :cool:
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:38 pm

If the birds landed there with no decoys, just go back to the spot where you jumped them up and put out one or two pairs of dekes. Then just wait on them to return. I would not call unless they try to light wide or bypass you.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby 870 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:24 pm

:thumbsup: I'm with the big guy, sounds good to me :salude:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby lars » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:41 pm

find some bushes and wait till they pile in again :salude:
went puddler hunting this year as usual.... shot more divers than puddle ducks. typical
lars
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:53 pm

Are you saying that your spot to hunt is 200 yards away from the raft of Ducks? If so, you need to try to set up closer. Doesn't sound like you need many(any?) deekes or a call to me...
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:36 pm

i stash my boat and walk on to shore and cuddle in some reeds and i just found it only hunted an hour there late in afternoon and saw plenty birds got a greenwing teal the sticks are everywhere and the birds pop up from everywhere i just want to know how to set it up so they will land i have a haydels mallard double reed call and also a single reed
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting