Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.
Moderators: duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake, Token
I was wondering if any of you guys have noticed that the widgon work the mojo the best of any duck. I was out and every widgon that flew by had to have another look. However, the teal, were the exact oposite, they flaired about 500 yards off.
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:02 am
- Location: Mammoth Lakes, CA
No cant say that I have, but every day is different. Usually teal will lite all over the mojo and never even blink. Having widgeons cover you up is a good thing though.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.
Know your target before you pull the trigger.
Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
- Super Moderator
- Posts: 6203
- Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:04 pm
- Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
usally teal and widgeon work the best when i hunt
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:14 am
- Location: sacramento,california
Teal and widgeon work just about anything.
- Membership permanently suspended
- Posts: 2119
- Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:50 pm
Gaddies here are suckers for the robo. I have almost had to shoot em in self defense, big flcoks too of 100 or more comming down right to the thing. Hell, I have had a teal almost run into it. The teal just fly around doing what they do, I have never seen them flare from my mojo.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
- Posts: 2186
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:30 pm
- Location: T-Pain's Boat
Teal, mallard, spoony's, and especially the gray duck usually get fooled by the mojo down here.
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
- Posts: 1614
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:59 pm
- Location: SW LA
Return to Puddler Duck Hunting
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests