Duck Hunting Forum banner

RNT Timbre or RNT Shortbarrel

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Chris Benson 
#1 ·
I have a tough decision to make, timbre or shortbarrel

#5 ·
I agree with everyone else, try them both and see what fits you better. I own both calls and love both, but the timbre is a more speacialized call. The shorty is my #1 go to call I don't leave home without it! But i'm sure you'll be happy with which ever you choose! Good luck.

#6 ·
I was in the store a few months ago and I asked Rusty about the timbre and what made it special. He told me that you can blow most of their calls (I think he was talking about the wood calls) soft enough to work in timber. Its for folks that don't want to change thier calling (I guess its called pressure. I just do it and can't explain how I do it). They can work them to where they want them and then go to the other call.

I got a short barrell. Matter of fact I have two of them. My bocote is a little softer than my cocobolo.

If they ain't passing through the timber I ain't calling a whole lot anyways. I hear the timbre is a good finisher. I just don't need it.

I want a Daisy Cutter. Not that I need it either. I just want it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.