RNT Timbre or RNT Shortbarrel

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

RNT Timbre or RNT Shortbarrel

Postby woodduckhunter » Tue May 16, 2006 5:56 pm

I have a tough decision to make, timbre or shortbarrel
woodduckhunter
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Tue May 16, 2006 8:53 pm

You will have to try them both and see what you like better. I personally like the shortbarrel better, and it runs pretty darn well for me. Mine is in Hedge, and I love it for all conditions, but especially close in or on call-shy ducks.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby cinrds » Fri May 19, 2006 10:27 pm

I agree I would try them both. Also you can call them and talk with rep. They are very helpful
Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again. Those who believe in me will never thirst. John 6:35
cinrds
hunter

Postby dRAkE_nutS » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:06 pm

i have the short barrell its one of my favorite calls
i havnt tried the timber
try them both see wut fits where ur hunting
dRAkE_nutS
hunter

Postby THIN MAN » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:41 pm

I agree with everyone else, try them both and see what fits you better. I own both calls and love both, but the timbre is a more speacialized call. The shorty is my #1 go to call I don't leave home without it! But i'm sure you'll be happy with which ever you choose! Good luck.
For we were born yesterday,and know nothing,
because our days on earth are only a shadow.

JOB 8:9
THIN MAN
hunter

Postby Pluckyduck » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:38 pm

I was in the store a few months ago and I asked Rusty about the timbre and what made it special. He told me that you can blow most of their calls (I think he was talking about the wood calls) soft enough to work in timber. Its for folks that don't want to change thier calling (I guess its called pressure. I just do it and can't explain how I do it). They can work them to where they want them and then go to the other call.

I got a short barrell. Matter of fact I have two of them. My bocote is a little softer than my cocobolo.

If they ain't passing through the timber I ain't calling a whole lot anyways. I hear the timbre is a good finisher. I just don't need it.

I want a Daisy Cutter. Not that I need it either. I just want it.
Pluckyduck
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby Chris Benson » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:36 am

I have tried both and I could get the SB to work for me, the Timber on the other hand sounds great.
Chris Benson
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting