Mississippi - Pool 9

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby BlackDeath5500 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:37 pm

I have never hunted the Mississippi fly way. I have a Mudd Buddy with a Black Death 5500 so back water is not an issue. I just need some pointers on where to hunt (or not hunt) and how to avoid pissing anyone off.
Getting Run Over by a TRAIN on Pool 9 is better than a day at the office...
User avatar
BlackDeath5500
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm


Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby 18javelin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:25 am

When you find a good spot would you pm me your Location as i am looking for a place to get in also.... See HOW STUPID THAT SOUNDS... :no:


Try Pool 8 there may be more guys willing to share there... SEE STILL SOUNDS STUPID.... Get out and scout yourself then when you find a spot ask yourself, shoukld i tell anyone on the internet where im hunting.... If you decide that sounds like a great idea then well Your..... :huh: :yes: ....
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
User avatar
18javelin
hunter
 
Posts: 3489
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Eckerty IN

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby goodkarmarising » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Seriously? I don't have a boat with a mud motor and I still manage to shoot ducks and geese.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
User avatar
goodkarmarising
hunter
 
Posts: 10874
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Leavenworth, KS and all thru MO

Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby Podcast » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:16 pm

There's a good spot just off the main river. You don't even need a boat ta access it. It's on the main land just up the river bank between 2 steel rails. Stand there and wait. When ya hear the whistle blow, don't move just wait....
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
"Telling someone to get run over by a train...is a very simple, straight forward question that anyone who is new to the area would ask."
Podcast
hunter
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby koonce727 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:08 am

BlackDeath5500 wrote:I have never hunted the Mississippi fly way. I have a Mudd Buddy with a Black Death 5500 so back water is not an issue. I just need some pointers on where to hunt (or not hunt) and how to avoid pissing anyone off.



Already did with this post. Heck even the guys on 7 are feeling the pain of your post.

To not piss anyone off, stay home... and stop posting locations.

PS its because you drive a mudbuddy.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:16 am
Location: Mergens Point,WI

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby BlackDeath5500 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Podcast wrote:There's a good spot just off the main river. You don't even need a boat ta access it. It's on the main land just up the river bank between 2 steel rails. Stand there and wait. When ya hear the whistle blow, don't move just wait....


Thanks for the advice. Surprised that you can count up to 2...
Getting Run Over by a TRAIN on Pool 9 is better than a day at the office...
User avatar
BlackDeath5500
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby BlackDeath5500 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:04 pm

18javelin wrote:When you find a good spot would you pm me your Location as i am looking for a place to get in also.... See HOW STUPID THAT SOUNDS... :no:


Try Pool 8 there may be more guys willing to share there... SEE STILL SOUNDS STUPID.... Get out and scout yourself then when you find a spot ask yourself, shoukld i tell anyone on the internet where im hunting.... If you decide that sounds like a great idea then well Your..... :huh: :yes: ....


Just looking for some friendly advice. I will do a recon mission. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES...
Getting Run Over by a TRAIN on Pool 9 is better than a day at the office...
User avatar
BlackDeath5500
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby BlackDeath5500 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:09 pm

koonce727 wrote:
BlackDeath5500 wrote:I have never hunted the Mississippi fly way. I have a Mudd Buddy with a Black Death 5500 so back water is not an issue. I just need some pointers on where to hunt (or not hunt) and how to avoid pissing anyone off.



Already did with this post. Heck even the guys on 7 are feeling the pain of your post.

To not piss anyone off, stay home... and stop posting locations.

PS its because you drive a mudbuddy.


The one bad thing about duck hunting is the number of @****** that do it. Thanks for the advice....
Getting Run Over by a TRAIN on Pool 9 is better than a day at the office...
User avatar
BlackDeath5500
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby BlackDeath5500 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:11 pm

goodkarmarising wrote:Seriously? I don't have a boat with a mud motor and I still manage to shoot ducks and geese.


Congratulations. Stop by Burger King, I hear they are giving out free crowns...
Getting Run Over by a TRAIN on Pool 9 is better than a day at the office...
User avatar
BlackDeath5500
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby Podcast » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:25 pm

BlackDeath5500 wrote:
Podcast wrote:There's a good spot just off the main river. You don't even need a boat ta access it. It's on the main land just up the river bank between 2 steel rails. Stand there and wait. When ya hear the whistle blow, don't move just wait....


Thanks for the advice. Surprised that you can count up to 2...


By the measure of yer statements on this thread I'm not surprised you'd have ta come on here ta ask instead of askin if anyone's interested in goin out with ya er sayin that you'd be willin ta help with gas er any expenses ta build some friendships and camaraderie. Instead ya ask fer guys ta give up huntin spots. Ya may as well walk in their house, take their beer and walk out.

If ya got questions about dog training, boats, mud motors, out boards, pods, hunting techniques, calling techniques, I'll be the first ta answer but I draw the line with the question ya asked.
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
"Telling someone to get run over by a train...is a very simple, straight forward question that anyone who is new to the area would ask."
Podcast
hunter
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby koonce727 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:36 pm

Nice post pod. Couldn't agree more. Now go post this in the sconny forum for all to read. Heck make it a sticky.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:16 am
Location: Mergens Point,WI

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby BlackDeath5500 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Podcast wrote:
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
Podcast wrote:There's a good spot just off the main river. You don't even need a boat ta access it. It's on the main land just up the river bank between 2 steel rails. Stand there and wait. When ya hear the whistle blow, don't move just wait....


Thanks for the advice. Surprised that you can count up to 2...


By the measure of yer statements on this thread I'm not surprised you'd have ta come on here ta ask instead of askin if anyone's interested in goin out with ya er sayin that you'd be willin ta help with gas er any expenses ta build some friendships and camaraderie. Instead ya ask fer guys ta give up huntin spots. Ya may as well walk in their house, take their beer and walk out.

If ya got questions about dog training, boats, mud motors, out boards, pods, hunting techniques, calling techniques, I'll be the first ta answer but I draw the line with the question ya asked.


I was not trying to be a ****. You were the one who suggested I get run over by a train for asking a simple question about pool 9. I was just asking for some simple advice as a new comer to the area because I have a great deal of respect for other hunters, the DNR, and the environment.

I did get a PM from a guy who sent me to the Upper Mississippi Refuge website that shows where you can hunt and where you can't which if you read my initial question is all that I was asking. I would buy him beer all day long.

For the record, I am not in the habit of just blindly asking for people to go hunting with over the Internet because there is no way if you can tell someone is nuts. I would give the same advice to you.

By all means post this is a sticky note or whatever...
Getting Run Over by a TRAIN on Pool 9 is better than a day at the office...
User avatar
BlackDeath5500
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby Podcast » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:54 am

BlackDeath5500 wrote:
Podcast wrote:
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
Podcast wrote:There's a good spot just off the main river. You don't even need a boat ta access it. It's on the main land just up the river bank between 2 steel rails. Stand there and wait. When ya hear the whistle blow, don't move just wait....


Thanks for the advice. Surprised that you can count up to 2...


By the measure of yer statements on this thread I'm not surprised you'd have ta come on here ta ask instead of askin if anyone's interested in goin out with ya er sayin that you'd be willin ta help with gas er any expenses ta build some friendships and camaraderie. Instead ya ask fer guys ta give up huntin spots. Ya may as well walk in their house, take their beer and walk out.

If ya got questions about dog training, boats, mud motors, out boards, pods, hunting techniques, calling techniques, I'll be the first ta answer but I draw the line with the question ya asked.


I was not trying to be a ****. You were the one who suggested I get run over by a train for asking a simple question about pool 9. I was just asking for some simple advice as a new comer to the area because I have a great deal of respect for other hunters, the DNR, and the environment.

I did get a PM from a guy who sent me to the Upper Mississippi Refuge website that shows where you can hunt and where you can't which if you read my initial question is all that I was asking. I would buy him beer all day long.

For the record, I am not in the habit of just blindly asking for people to go hunting with over the Internet because there is no way if you can tell someone is nuts. I would give the same advice to you.

By all means post this is a sticky note or whatever...


So yer sayin you'd trust em ta give away their good spots but wouldn't trust ta go huntin with em??
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
"Telling someone to get run over by a train...is a very simple, straight forward question that anyone who is new to the area would ask."
Podcast
hunter
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby dog walker » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:37 am

koonce727 wrote:
PS its because you drive a mudbuddy.


Bwahahahaha!
User avatar
dog walker
hunter
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:21 pm
Location: Bottom right hand corner of La.

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby goodkarmarising » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:54 am

BlackDeath5500 wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:Seriously? I don't have a boat with a mud motor and I still manage to shoot ducks and geese.


Congratulations. Stop by Burger King, I hear they are giving out free crowns...


Well wouldn't you be a joy to hunt with. :no: :no: :no:
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
User avatar
goodkarmarising
hunter
 
Posts: 10874
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Leavenworth, KS and all thru MO

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby BlackDeath5500 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:17 am

goodkarmarising wrote:
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:Seriously? I don't have a boat with a mud motor and I still manage to shoot ducks and geese.


Congratulations. Stop by Burger King, I hear they are giving out free crowns...


Well wouldn't you be a joy to hunt with. :no: :no: :no:


Got plenty of friends and we go hunting/shooting/fishing all the time. Perhaps a couple of posts is not enough information to determine that. Just a thought...
Getting Run Over by a TRAIN on Pool 9 is better than a day at the office...
User avatar
BlackDeath5500
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby goodkarmarising » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:34 am

I'm sure they can help you scout, instead of coming on here.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
User avatar
goodkarmarising
hunter
 
Posts: 10874
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Leavenworth, KS and all thru MO

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby BlackDeath5500 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:43 am

goodkarmarising wrote:I'm sure they can help you scout, instead of coming on here.


Wild horses could not drag me away from Pool 9...deal with it.
:biggrin:
Getting Run Over by a TRAIN on Pool 9 is better than a day at the office...
User avatar
BlackDeath5500
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby CutEm214 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:54 am

BlackDeath5500 wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:I'm sure they can help you scout, instead of coming on here.


Wild horses could not drag me away from Pool 9...deal with it.
:biggrin:


Nor will they drag away the hundreds of new "Pool 9'ers" you have attracted with this thread. Have fun "dealing with it." :hi:
User avatar
CutEm214
hunter
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby BlackDeath5500 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:15 am

So yer sayin you'd trust em ta give away their good spots but wouldn't trust ta go huntin with em??[/quote]

Listen genius. I did not ask anyone to give up their good spots. Please work on your reading comprehension skills. I asked for where I can hunt and cannot hunt which was solved by quick visit to the Upper Mississippi Refuge website. I will also do a recon mission to get the lay of the land. I would like to ensure that I do not piss anyone off because if I am new to the area. Perhaps a smarter person would just show up to a new area without doing some planning.

Also, I am not is the habit of getting in a boat with someone I don't know with a weapon and going to a remote area of the Mississippi river. I am sure you are a decent guy but it is something I don't do.

Are we clear?
Getting Run Over by a TRAIN on Pool 9 is better than a day at the office...
User avatar
BlackDeath5500
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby Podcast » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:39 am

So if ya weren't here ta ask fer "good places ta hunt" which to my memory was the original question before ya edited yer post, what did ya mean by that?
Last edited by Podcast on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
"Telling someone to get run over by a train...is a very simple, straight forward question that anyone who is new to the area would ask."
Podcast
hunter
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby koonce727 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:39 am

BlackDeath5500 wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:I'm sure they can help you scout, instead of coming on here.


Wild horses could not drag me away from Pool 9...deal with it.
:biggrin:



what about my mod'd pro-drive........... just messin.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:16 am
Location: Mergens Point,WI

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby BlackDeath5500 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:44 am

Podcast wrote:So if ya weren't here ta ask fer "good places ta hunt" which to my memory was the original question before ya edited yer post, what did ya mean by that?


Only modification to the post was to change the subject from "Zone 9" to "Pool 9". The text has not changed and their were no posts at the time I made the change. You must be thinking of someone elses post...
Getting Run Over by a TRAIN on Pool 9 is better than a day at the office...
User avatar
BlackDeath5500
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby Podcast » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:52 am

Actually the avoiding pissing people off part wasn't there.
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
"Telling someone to get run over by a train...is a very simple, straight forward question that anyone who is new to the area would ask."
Podcast
hunter
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Mississippi - Pool 9

Postby BlackDeath5500 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:52 am

koonce727 wrote:
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:I'm sure they can help you scout, instead of coming on here.


Wild horses could not drag me away from Pool 9...deal with it.
:biggrin:



what about my mod'd pro-drive........... just messin.


The Pro Drive is a very cool boat.... Might have bought that instead of the Excel F4 with Black Death 5500. My MB does all the things I need it to do so I do not have any complaints and it goes anywhere. No reverse is only a minor inconvenience me...
Getting Run Over by a TRAIN on Pool 9 is better than a day at the office...
User avatar
BlackDeath5500
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Next

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests