Duck Hunting Forum banner

Mississippi - Pool 9

5K views 80 replies 10 participants last post by  BlackDeath5500 
#1 ·
I have never hunted the Mississippi fly way. I have a Mudd Buddy with a Black Death 5500 so back water is not an issue. I just need some pointers on where to hunt (or not hunt) and how to avoid pissing anyone off.

#2 ·
When you find a good spot would you pm me your Location as i am looking for a place to get in also.... See HOW STUPID THAT SOUNDS... :no:

Try Pool 8 there may be more guys willing to share there... SEE STILL SOUNDS STUPID.... Get out and scout yourself then when you find a spot ask yourself, shoukld i tell anyone on the internet where im hunting.... If you decide that sounds like a great idea then well Your..... :huh: :yes: ....

#4 ·
There's a good spot just off the main river. You don't even need a boat ta access it. It's on the main land just up the river bank between 2 steel rails. Stand there and wait. When ya hear the whistle blow, don't move just wait....

#5 ·
BlackDeath5500 said:
I have never hunted the Mississippi fly way. I have a Mudd Buddy with a Black Death 5500 so back water is not an issue. I just need some pointers on where to hunt (or not hunt) and how to avoid pissing anyone off.
Already did with this post. Heck even the guys on 7 are feeling the pain of your post.

To not piss anyone off, stay home... and stop posting locations.

PS its because you drive a mudbuddy.

#6 ·
Podcast said:
There's a good spot just off the main river. You don't even need a boat ta access it. It's on the main land just up the river bank between 2 steel rails. Stand there and wait. When ya hear the whistle blow, don't move just wait....
Thanks for the advice. Surprised that you can count up to 2...

#7 ·
18javelin said:
When you find a good spot would you pm me your Location as i am looking for a place to get in also.... See HOW STUPID THAT SOUNDS... :no:

Try Pool 8 there may be more guys willing to share there... SEE STILL SOUNDS STUPID.... Get out and scout yourself then when you find a spot ask yourself, shoukld i tell anyone on the internet where im hunting.... If you decide that sounds like a great idea then well Your..... :huh: :yes: ....
Just looking for some friendly advice. I will do a recon mission. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES...

#8 ·
koonce727 said:
BlackDeath5500 said:
Already did with this post. Heck even the guys on 7 are feeling the pain of your post.

To not piss anyone off, stay home... and stop posting locations.

PS its because you drive a mudbuddy.
The one bad thing about duck hunting is the number of ******** that do it. Thanks for the advice....

#10 ·
BlackDeath5500 said:
Podcast said:
By the measure of yer statements on this thread I'm not surprised you'd have ta come on here ta ask instead of askin if anyone's interested in goin out with ya er sayin that you'd be willin ta help with gas er any expenses ta build some friendships and camaraderie. Instead ya ask fer guys ta give up huntin spots. Ya may as well walk in their house, take their beer and walk out.

If ya got questions about dog training, boats, mud motors, out boards, pods, hunting techniques, calling techniques, I'll be the first ta answer but I draw the line with the question ya asked.

#12 ·
Podcast said:
BlackDeath5500 said:
Podcast said:
By the measure of yer statements on this thread I'm not surprised you'd have ta come on here ta ask instead of askin if anyone's interested in goin out with ya er sayin that you'd be willin ta help with gas er any expenses ta build some friendships and camaraderie. Instead ya ask fer guys ta give up huntin spots. Ya may as well walk in their house, take their beer and walk out.

If ya got questions about dog training, boats, mud motors, out boards, pods, hunting techniques, calling techniques, I'll be the first ta answer but I draw the line with the question ya asked.
I was not trying to be a dick. You were the one who suggested I get run over by a train for asking a simple question about pool 9. I was just asking for some simple advice as a new comer to the area because I have a great deal of respect for other hunters, the DNR, and the environment.

I did get a PM from a guy who sent me to the Upper Mississippi Refuge website that shows where you can hunt and where you can't which if you read my initial question is all that I was asking. I would buy him beer all day long.

For the record, I am not in the habit of just blindly asking for people to go hunting with over the Internet because there is no way if you can tell someone is nuts. I would give the same advice to you.

By all means post this is a sticky note or whatever...

#13 ·
BlackDeath5500 said:
Podcast said:
BlackDeath5500 said:
Podcast said:

I was not trying to be a dick. You were the one who suggested I get run over by a train for asking a simple question about pool 9. I was just asking for some simple advice as a new comer to the area because I have a great deal of respect for other hunters, the DNR, and the environment.

I did get a PM from a guy who sent me to the Upper Mississippi Refuge website that shows where you can hunt and where you can't which if you read my initial question is all that I was asking. I would buy him beer all day long.

For the record, I am not in the habit of just blindly asking for people to go hunting with over the Internet because there is no way if you can tell someone is nuts. I would give the same advice to you.

By all means post this is a sticky note or whatever...
So yer sayin you'd trust em ta give away their good spots but wouldn't trust ta go huntin with em??

#15 ·
BlackDeath5500 said:
goodkarmarising said:
Seriously? I don't have a boat with a mud motor and I still manage to shoot ducks and geese.
Congratulations. Stop by Burger King, I hear they are giving out free crowns...
Well wouldn't you be a joy to hunt with. :no: :no: :no:

#16 ·
goodkarmarising said:
BlackDeath5500 said:
goodkarmarising said:
Seriously? I don't have a boat with a mud motor and I still manage to shoot ducks and geese.
Congratulations. Stop by Burger King, I hear they are giving out free crowns...
Well wouldn't you be a joy to hunt with. :no: :no: :no:
Got plenty of friends and we go hunting/shooting/fishing all the time. Perhaps a couple of posts is not enough information to determine that. Just a thought...

#20 ·
So yer sayin you'd trust em ta give away their good spots but wouldn't trust ta go huntin with em??[/quote]

Listen genius. I did not ask anyone to give up their good spots. Please work on your reading comprehension skills. I asked for where I can hunt and cannot hunt which was solved by quick visit to the Upper Mississippi Refuge website. I will also do a recon mission to get the lay of the land. I would like to ensure that I do not piss anyone off because if I am new to the area. Perhaps a smarter person would just show up to a new area without doing some planning.

Also, I am not is the habit of getting in a boat with someone I don't know with a weapon and going to a remote area of the Mississippi river. I am sure you are a decent guy but it is something I don't do.

Are we clear?

#23 ·
Podcast said:
So if ya weren't here ta ask fer "good places ta hunt" which to my memory was the original question before ya edited yer post, what did ya mean by that?
Only modification to the post was to change the subject from "Zone 9" to "Pool 9". The text has not changed and their were no posts at the time I made the change. You must be thinking of someone elses post...

#25 ·
koonce727 said:
BlackDeath5500 said:
goodkarmarising said:
I'm sure they can help you scout, instead of coming on here.
Wild horses could not drag me away from Pool 9...deal with it.
:biggrin:
what about my mod'd pro-drive........... just messin.
The Pro Drive is a very cool boat.... Might have bought that instead of the Excel F4 with Black Death 5500. My MB does all the things I need it to do so I do not have any complaints and it goes anywhere. No reverse is only a minor inconvenience me...

#26 ·
koonce727 said:
BlackDeath5500 said:
goodkarmarising said:
I'm sure they can help you scout, instead of coming on here.
Wild horses could not drag me away from Pool 9...deal with it.
:biggrin:
what about my mod'd pro-drive........... just messin.
Ya gots one a them too?! Do ya think dual modded PD's will do it?! J/K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.