KANSAS DUCK HUNT

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, Token, duckbuster06

KANSAS DUCK HUNT

Postby rroche » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:58 am

HELLO FROM A NEW MEMBER. MY BROTHER TOLD HIS GRANDSON AND MY GRANDSON THAT IF THEY PASSED THE HUNTER SAFETY COURSE THAT WE WOULD TAKE THEM ON A BIG TRIP OVER CHRISTMAS BREAK. WELL, THEY BOTH PASSED YESTERDAY. I WENT TO WACONDA LAKE AREA ON A WHIM IN 1984 AND KILLED SOME DUCKS AND GEESE AND MY FIRST PHEASANT. IS THIS STILL A GOOD AREA AND IS MIS DECEMBER TOO LATE? I GO TO SOUTH DAKOTA TO DUCK AND PHEASANT HUNT IN MID OCTOBER AND AGAIN THE LAST WEEK IN NOVEMBER. [ NO IM NOT WEALTHY IM A FIREMAN WITH A LOT OF TIME OFF] I KNOW THAT WE WILL NEED TO TAKE THE BOAT TO HUNT AND THATS NOT A PROBLEM. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS AREA OR HAVE A BETTER AREA I SHOULD LOOK AT? I KNOW IT WILL BE COLD BUT THE BOYS HAVE GOOD CLOTHES AND THEY FISH AND HUNT ALL WINTER. IT DOESNT GET AS COLD HERE IN TENNESSEE BUT THEY WILL FISH OR HUNT ALL DAY IN THE WORST WE HAVE. THEY ARE 9 AND 12. WE WOULD GO TO MY SPOT IN SOUTH DAKOTA BUT THEY WONT LET THE 9 YEAR OLD HUNT.

THANKS FROM THE HILLBILLYS
rroche
Newb

Re: KANSAS DUCK HUNT

Postby TomKat » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:16 am

Oh yes, thats a good area. But one of the BEST areas in the state to hunt is Cheyenne Bottoms. Its very famous, lots of people go there from all over. We are looking forward to a banner year. Mid december is not bad. We really don't get cold here, this is the southern plains. Bring everybody, the more the merrier. Spend lots of money while you are here, too.

PS you need to stop typing with your cap lock on, its not well regarded.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby rroche » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks for the info. I didnt know about the caps lock, I told you I was from Tennessee
rroche
Newb

Postby TomKat » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:49 am

No problem. I spent some time in E Tenn. Hell, we may be related, I really learned to like those mountain girls :beer:
TomKat
Dorothy

KANSAS DUCK HUNT

Postby DanJeffandJack » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:15 am

I know you just got a response from Tomkat, but he's pulling your leg. The bottoms is completely dried up right now. KS is hurting bad for water. I would not recommend coming here if we don't have any rain. This link should tell you all you need to know.

http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=910685
vincentpa wrote:The southern boys get it all. It's not right.
DanJeffandJack
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 pm

DJJ, you told me the more the merrier. I am just trying to help out.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby mudpack » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:11 pm

You might be better off planning a trip to another part of the country this year. Almost all of Kansas is hurting for water. Right now anything in the western 2/3 of the state is absolutely dry....and I mean absolutely. We've had about 3" of rain in the last two years....surely you watch the national news??
You'll see more ducks if you stick a little closer to home this year.
mudpack
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting