Mississippi Pool 9 - this thread is about hunting!

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Mississippi Pool 9 - this thread is about hunting!

Postby Tsquare86 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey Guys,

New to the DHC, but I thought joining here would be more beneficial than Lake Links as a means to share knowledge.

I drove over to Fairyville this last weekend and launched from the east side of the hwy 82 bridge. Roughly 2 hours after launching I learned that I will be keeping a spare prop and wrench with me on future trips... It was a long put put put back to the launch. No big deal though, it's part of being cheap and only having an OB.

Either way, I wanted to say I was shocked to see how awesome the backwaters looked. It was my first time on the river and really enjoyed the experience. The one thing I wasn't sure about, was what I should have been looking for. The terrain was very different from what I have seen historically working small rivers and potholes. In the end I marked a bunch of way points for places my boat would sit well along the vegetation. Anyone else new to this or someone willing to share some of their thoughts about what makes for a good spot on the river?

-Tsquare
Tsquare86
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting