Payback time in TX

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake, Token

Payback time in TX

Postby finalflighttx » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Well the opening weekend of teal season has come and gone so much anxiety leads up to the opening of any season but this one was very special to me for two reasons first it was the first hunt from my new refuge runner and the first duck hunts ever for 2 of my newest freinds. Needless to say we DESTROYED the teal in east texas this weekend and it is a breath of fresh air to us waterfowlers that came just in time, as last years drought killed all of the hunting in our neck of the woods. I was just wanting to hear some more success stories from some of you all on how you did and your projections on this up comming season. I mean after all we texas guys are going to need something to look forward to if the cowboys keep playing like they did this sunday! Thanks for the views and comments guys and good luck!! :thumbsup:
Final Flight Duck Club
Hawkins TX
finalflighttx
hunter

Re: Payback time in TX

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Well only got to hunt sat morning but shot a 4 man limit in bout 15 min... I'm thinking this year will be pretty good although last year the drought actually helped us and we had a phenomenal year.. Hopin this year will be even better
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Re: Payback time in TX

Postby finalflighttx » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:39 am

Sounds great we had plenty of ducks on the lake that we like to hunt just was hard to hide without sticking out like a sore thumb! The banks of the lake were all clay and dirt we would use a grass blind and look goofy as hek :lol3: ! Lakes are in good shape this year hope you have a great season thanks for the reply! :thumbsup:
Final Flight Duck Club
Hawkins TX
finalflighttx
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting