Fooling a Duck?

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Fooling a Duck?

Postby Small Block » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:42 pm

I've seen articles written on this method but am curious how many here have ever tried scraping away the snow from the ice on a lake or stream and pouring blue dyed water on the ice so as to simulate open water. I'd liketo know how it worked for ya, or if you've even tried it or heard of it.
Small Block
Small Block
hunter

Re: Fooling a Duck?

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:26 pm

THats quite interesting... never heard of such a thing!!
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Small Block wrote:I've seen articles written on this method but am curious how many here have ever tried scraping away the snow from the ice on a lake or stream and pouring blue dyed water on the ice so as to simulate open water. I'd liketo know how it worked for ya, or if you've even tried it or heard of it.
Small Block

Used to and it worked. But you had to get the stuff out there. I have since moved on to something else that works extremely well and is much easier, but it is classified. The blue stuff will work :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Mort » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Big blue tarps???
Mort
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Mort wrote:Big blue tarps???

Thats closer to methods I have heard of. Spreading out large dark blue or black tarps on top of frozen water gives the apperence of open water from the air.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:04 am

Is it just me or isthis illegal in some states. Serioussly, i think it is illegal here in PA.
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting