Deeks decoys?

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Re: Deeks decoys?

Postby ARduckboy24 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:36 pm

I personally like the flambeau feather flexs more look better fairly cheap and light.
if it flies it dies........if it sits it dies to
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:14 pm

LanceM wrote:I love my deeks. Obviously they're not the most realistic ever made"

I know.. I love my hunting partner too. He's not the most realistic though..... :fingerhead:
Attachments
manican.jpg
manican.jpg (7.52 KiB) Viewed 299 times
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby LanceM » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Don't let the perfectionists fool you. There is most definitely a place for Deeks. The first time you "carry a flock in your pocket" you'll hate yourself for the years of bouncing off of trees and briars with a gigantic heavy decoy bag. No, they're not ideal in all situations. If you have a long hike, or a hike through cover they are amazing. I prefer to use them on water where there is some cover, especially on the water. And for all of us who love movement in the spread, these suckers will move around with the slightest breeze or current. I've used them in open water and killed ducks, but I do prefer better decoys when the birds have lots of visibility. They sure don't look like much, but they'll definitely put the birds belly up. And you'll have a much easier hike to the truck.
LanceM
hunter

Previous

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting