HELP...Moved to NC last week

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

HELP...Moved to NC last week

Postby nlmccormick » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:34 am

Gentlemen....I moved to Raleigh last week from NW Florida and have no leads on a hole to hunt here yet. All I have is my shotgun and waders. Any ideas on where i could go that is fairly close would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!! Thanks
nlmccormick
Newb

Re: HELP...Moved to NC last week

Postby Frank Lopez » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:44 am

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I'm not from NC, so I can't really help you in that respect. But, I think you might have a little more success if you posted this in the NC state forum. I don't think anyone is going to give you an exact location, but you might be able to hook up with someone and at least get out. Or, they might have a lead to a public hunting area. That'll at least get you pointed in the right direction.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Re: HELP...Moved to NC last week

Postby JBNC » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:13 am

There is tons of public land around Raleigh to hunt, check out the NC wildlife dept website for gameland maps. There is a ton of people on gamelands but you can still find some decent spots.
JBNC
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting