The Best Place on Earth

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake, Token

The Best Place on Earth

Postby Okeechobee Dan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:02 pm

My season hasn't started yet, but it is only 7 days away. Today some friends and I went out on a boat ride / scout trip and i almost forgot how much I love being in the marsh. We found a great spot and just sat there for a couple hours. No decoys, just beer and the radio. we let ducks fly in on us for 2 hours. I would not rather be anywhere else on earth. Anyone else just chill in the lake even when they cant hunt? It just makes me love this country. Hope it never changes.
Okeechobee Dan
hunter

Re: The Best Place on Earth

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:13 pm

I like to go down to the local wildlife refuge and listen to the ducks as they swim around. Only problem with that now is that there aint no water in the refuge. This also helps with my calling, allows you to learn what they realy sound like and true timing of a call sequence.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting