Jet Sled Layout Blind

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake, Token

Jet Sled Layout Blind

Postby ODBoutdoors » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Anybody ever make a layout blind out of a jet sled or decoy sled? I'm thinking it would be great for shallow marshes so you dont have to get your layout blind soaked, and it could double as a decoy sled. Pics would definatly be helpful too. Thanks guys.
ishootducks
ODBoutdoors
hunter

Re: Jet Sled Layout Blind

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:36 pm

I think you could make it work. Wouldn't rely on it though to keep you out of the water. I would imagine it would be tippy unless it's sitting on bottom. Just get a soft rubber pad for the bottom to lay on then get some betting or burlap and ziptie some grass and brush on it and pull it over the top. Once you lay down, then through it off to shoot. Gods luck let us know if you try it and what kind of results you get. Never heard of anyone doing it but I'm sure there is someone out there.
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Re: Jet Sled Layout Blind

Postby Small Block » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Here's what i've done. Get you a car top carrier and break it down into two halves. Paint it as needed and put ya a seat back to lay on in one end. Get ya some camo netting for a cover and plug any holes that previously had hardware mounted on it. I saw one a few weeks ago for $25. A nice cheap way to go.
Small Block
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting