Wisconsin Hunt

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Wisconsin Hunt

Postby dukkiller2012 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Anyone hunt around Platteville? Im tranfering up there next year and wondered if there's any good hunting, id hate to have to drive home all the time to go out
dukkiller2012
hunter

Re: Wisconsin Hunt

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Honestly ur gonna need a boat and a lot of decoys. I live in WI and go to the Mississippi river a lot. I am attending UW Madison right now. Its pretty pressured. U could try hunting WPA's but those seem to never hold birds after the local birds head out.
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby jmitch » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:16 pm

The only stuff I can think of off the top of my head for the Platteville area are the Wisconsin river and the Mississippi. Both get a fair amount of pressure with the Mississippi probably being worse but with more opportunities and more ducks. There are lots of backwaters and sloughs off the Wisconsin river but they can be hit or miss at times. Will be able to shoot lots of woodducks and some teal the first few weeks then seems to be very hit or miss for me anyways. You could probably find some other areas closer to Platteville but I couldn't point you to any.
jmitch
hunter

Postby dukkiller2012 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 am

I hunt the Mississippi right now down in pool 13, we hold a good amount of birds. I can definitely keep hunting it up there I just didn't know if that pool held the birds well.
dukkiller2012
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting