Hello

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Hello

Postby TarheelDrive » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:00 am

Hey guys,
I just wanted to finally say hello. I am from NC and I have been lurking around here for a while but decided to join. Not a whole lot happening in my part of NC right now but just wanted to say hey. Here is a recent video of our trip to ND. We have been heading up there for about 8 years now so its always a treat. Anyway, looking forward to getting to know some of you and learning a thing or two in the process!! :thumbsup:

The black lab coming back up the hill in the last part of the video is my buddies lab who retired after that hunt due to some medical condtions. That was his last ever duck retrieve and we got it on film. It was a pretty emotional end of a great trip!!!

https://vimeo.com/54334172
TarheelDrive
Newb

Re: Hello

Postby 1080tommy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:31 am

That is a great vid!!!! Is that with an outfitter or do you have a place up there. I am from Illinois and have been wanting to go somewhere like ND, SD, or Arkansas. Just trying to find a good place for next year. That is great you got your buddies lab on video with his last retrieve as well, that will be something he will watch again!!!!
1080tommy
hunter

Postby TarheelDrive » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:01 am

1080tommy,
It's a freelance trip. It took a few years to get all the kinks worked out and we learned alot by trial and error but it's an amazing trip!
TarheelDrive
Newb

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:56 am

Wow man, sweet video! I would love to go to ND!! And welcome to the site!!
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:56 am

TarheelDrive wrote:Hey guys,
I just wanted to finally say hello. I am from NC and I have been lurking around here for a while but decided to join. Not a whole lot happening in my part of NC right now but just wanted to say hey. Here is a recent video of our trip to ND. We have been heading up there for about 8 years now so its always a treat. Anyway, looking forward to getting to know some of you and learning a thing or two in the process!! :thumbsup:

The black lab coming back up the hill in the last part of the video is my buddies lab who retired after that hunt due to some medical condtions. That was his last ever duck retrieve and we got it on film. It was a pretty emotional end of a great trip!!!

https://vimeo.com/54334172

TarheelD,
Have sent you a PM
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:47 pm

:welcome:
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting