where to set up?

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

where to set up?

Postby AUhunter » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding on where to hunt. I have access to private land, and on this land there is a main pond that was about half an acre but has recently been expanded. The pond is no longer being worked on, but it is about 3/4 full and all the cover, minus a few trees, has been removed. There is also a creek that snakes through the property and has heavy cover around it. This creek is about 10 feet wide usally, but due to heavy rain and also beavers, there are certain parts that are much deeper and wider now. I have seen ducks in the past on the pond, but none in big numbers. I have also flushed a few wood ducks off the creek this season. My question is, where would be the best spots to hunt? should i try the pond or just try to throw a few decoys out in the creek? the creek and pond are around 50 yards apart. Thanks for the help!
AUhunter
hunter

Re: where to set up?

Postby duckman27 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:03 am

I'd say the creek would be gaurenteed birds. If you have jumped woodies off of it multiple times before, then there will probably be a few hanging around
duckman27
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting