Help in SC

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, Token, duckbuster06

Help in SC

Postby dskinne » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:31 pm

I have been duck hunting for almost five years now and i have yet to kill a mallard. I mainly hunt around Pack landing and Jacks Creek but lately i have started going down to Berkeley county. Does anybody know any good places to hunt in SC that will help me increase my chances of getting a mallard?
Thanks
dskinne
hunter

Re: Help in SC

Postby JFord56 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:25 pm

On the areas you mentioned get out of the flooded timber and more toward big water. Woodies fly the tree lines and edges most often and early. Some mallards are out early but, most big ducks will loaf about later in morning out on bigger water. find you a group of trees out there and sit tight. Plus out on big water you can see ducks at a distance to call. In the swamp if they are not pretty close you never see them and tend to have a lot more hunt pressure there too.
JFord56
hunter

Help in SC

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Try the SC forum. :thumbsup:

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Re: Help in SC

Postby SC_Quackman » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Head down to Willtown and sit on the dike, the mallards will get up off the plantations and swing out toward the river. There are a few places you can set up. Look up google earth, willtown, find the landing, find the plantation ponds and set up and smack em! I'm not sure if they will have all their toes, but it's a good place to start.
SC_Quackman
hunter

Help in SC

Postby david95 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:42 pm

Ima be heading down to willtown in the morning or either the combahee river right down the road from it. I will let ya know how I do.
david95
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting