Game Farm Marsh

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Game Farm Marsh

Postby hvfd503 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:03 am

I work for the Forestry Department. They just moved my office to the old seedling nursery at providence forge. I have been planning to hunt the GF Marsh. Anyone hunt there that could give me some advice?
hvfd503
hunter

Re: Game Farm Marsh

Postby lbhansford » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:40 am

you might be one of the few who can actually fix the problems over there. I know the land was donated by your org. It is extremely crowded, and not very well marked. also the locals are a bunch of skybusting Apes... I live pretty close and avoid it like the plague due to the headaches that come with it.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:35 pm

lbhansford wrote:you might be one of the few who can actually fix the problems over there. I know the land was donated by your org. It is extremely crowded, and not very well marked. also the locals are a bunch of skybusting Apes... I live pretty close and avoid it like the plague due to the headaches that come with it.

Ding*Ding*Ding!
Same here-
Now I've not been there in a looong time, and it's my understanding that there are some stakes for Floatin' Blinds to tie up to (?)
Anyhow, if there aren't, I would suggest NOT to hunt there close to the shore during Rabbit season, as you'll have Rabbit Beagles yodling up to a glass shattering high C, along with their handlers hollering and chanting "hunt 'em up" to the top of their chromatic scale 10yds. off the shore in the woods.

All of this going on while you've got a visual on a flock of Mallards that might have been,..

....just might have been---------------> interested.
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hvfd503 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Sounds like a zoo over there. May not even be worth my time.
hvfd503
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting