What to do?

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, Token, duckbuster06

What to do?

Postby QuackYak » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Hey guys I need some advice. Theres a hole in a swamp I've been scouting and I'm trying to decide the best way to hunt it. It holds alot of ducks. I went in to scout it a day or two ago at around 3:30 in the afternoon and it was absolutely slammed with mallards and woodies! They were already on the water so I stayed til dark and none out also no more came in. Do you think I should hunt it in the morning? Worried I may jump them all out on my way in. Feel certain they would return but mabey not until late in the day. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated! :beer:
QuackYak
hunter

Re: What to do?

Postby duckbuddy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Doest hurt to try it in the morning. They can come back in slowly or they can avoid you altogether. Might as well take the risk and kill them now or risk them not being there again. Key advice is dont shoot the flocks of 15 or greater if there is less than 4 guns. Educate less birds and have your honey hole for awhile.
DUCK HUNTING ITS NOT ABOUT THE BAG ITS ABOUT GETTING AWAY
duckbuddy
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting