Jerk rig/blind question

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Jerk rig/blind question

Postby lou_01 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:53 pm

Using a jerk rig out of my blind, how do you guys hide the string? I know i could put some eyebolts into the wood under the water line but i just assume not put my arm into freezing water. And another problem is at low tide the water line is about a foot from the blind. Not used to stationary blind hunting normally hunt out of a floater and just run the line under the boat where its behind me and the dekes. Any help or suggestions appreciated!
lou_01
hunter

Re: Jerk rig/blind question

Postby bulletman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:15 pm

Irun a 6 oz weight with a clip that I just clip on the line at waters edge and then push the weight into the mud with my foot, if the ducks can see it you're probably shooting anyways :yes:
bulletman
hunter

Re: Jerk rig/blind question

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:31 pm

I have used a 1lb weight with clip before but usually just put the line on the ground and push two sticks into the ground crossing them over the top of the line pinning th line to the ground.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting