Banded Pintail!

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Re: Banded Pintail!

Postby Duckbling12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 am

OmegaRed wrote:
Duckbling12 wrote:
OmegaRed wrote:
Duckmaster1100 wrote:So your saying the cows are baiting since its them that the corn is passing through once?

If there is ANYTHING that attracts waterfowl in regards to feed ANYWHERE then it is illegal. It doesn't matter if it's been excremented or not. I didn't write the rules...I am just literate.

http://www.fws.gov/le/waterfowl-hunting ... iting.html

"What Is Baiting?

You cannot hunt waterfowl by the aid of baiting or on or over any baited area where you know or reasonably should know that the area is or has been baited.

Baiting is the direct or indirect placing, exposing, depositing, distributing, or scattering of salt, grain, or other feed that could lure or attract waterfowl to, on, or over any areas where hunters are attempting to take them.

A baited area is any area on which salt, grain, or other feed has been placed, exposed, deposited, distributed, or scattered, if that salt, grain, or feed could serve as a lure or attraction for waterfowl. "

I understand where you are coming from, but it doesn't state feed from fecal matter is baiting... he didn't place it there, the farmer didn't place it there... the cows did after they had already ate it and it didn't come out of there mouths.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I seen a hunt with the Primos guys one time doing the exact same deal.... they were hunting a feed lot that the cows were using that sounds about the exact same kinda deal and they put that footage on a dvd.
Just my two cents

And this is how I have had my questions answered by GW's regarding this matter: Do you get a speeding ticket every time you speed? Just because you didn't get ticketed doesn't mean you won't. And there is a difference in interpretation between GW's. Some might not ticket you, but others will.

If I were enforcing this law, I would argue that feed from excrement would fall under all three of the "exposed, deposited and distributed" categories as well as "indirect placing". These laws are written to be blanket statements - all encompassing and left to be determined by GW's. Reread it for what it is and you should be able see where this fits in. Once again, not saying that I necessarily agree with it, but that's how it is written.

I would have to agree with your statement... be up to the proper authorities to make that call
Duckbling12
hunter

Postby fowlplay56 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:00 pm

You were set up on a feed lot...shows intent. Theoretical argueing will not change the fact that you hunted and unlawfully killed a migratory bird in an area where there was "bait" . It would be different if it was just the matter of you hunting a pasture where cows might poop out a kernal, but if theres pintails and pigeons in a feedlot its no coincidence. Chalk it up to a mistake its not the end of the world. Just be cognizant about that sort of the thing in the future :beer:
fowlplay56
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 pm

fowlplay56 wrote:You were set up on a feed lot...shows intent. Theoretical argueing will not change the fact that you hunted and unlawfully killed a migratory bird in an area where there was "bait" . It would be different if it was just the matter of you hunting a pasture where cows might poop out a kernal, but if theres pintails and pigeons in a feedlot its no coincidence. Chalk it up to a mistake its not the end of the world. Just be cognizant about that sort of the thing in the future :beer:

+1
I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby possumfoot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:20 pm

i know info has been stored by people here..

and here is why you will be getting a a visit from USFWS

Other Agricultural Concerns
You cannot hunt waterfowl on or over areas where farmers feed grain to livestock, store grain, or engage in other normal agricultural practices that do not meet the definition of a normal agricultural planting, harvest, or post-harvest manipulation.

taken from http://www.fws.gov/le/waterfowl-hunting ... iting.html

nice PT, but it is now eveidence.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:21 pm

Duckmaster1100 wrote:I don't know what state you guys are in but i have personally hunted this feedlot with members of the F&G, And after looking through all of the regulations there are no laws stating that i can't hunt waterfowl feeding out of food that was fed to cows, If it was intentionally spilled out for the watefowl then yes it would be illegal but this is 100% legal

just for posterity...

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:57 pm

So Duckmaster1100...how long have you known (been) DuckBling12?
I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby possumfoot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:22 pm

it don't matter .. you can find anything you want on the net..

FWS will have not trouble finding all the info they need..

possumfoot
hunter

Postby Duckbling12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 pm

OmegaRed wrote:So Duckmaster1100...how long have you known (been) DuckBling12?

Baaahahahah I'll answer that for him... I don't know him from Adam, that white stuff on the ground in the picture he posted never makes it to where I live....
Duckbling12
hunter

Postby Duckbling12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:41 pm

Neither do the banded sprigs...
Duckbling12
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:05 pm

Duckmaster1100 wrote:Calm down everyone, You can't be duckhunting a feedlot and shoot pigeons over pigeon decoys? Yeah i see how it looks bad but it would take an idiot to go public with a nice poached bird picture.... it was banded in Shamrock Saskatchewan

what exactly takes place at these "feedlots"?

possumfoot
hunter

Postby juwehoyt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:11 pm

No Dog in this fight... but if I remember corectly didn't the Primos guys do a Feedlot hunt on one of there videos??? :fingerhead:
There are 2 types of public land hunters...
1. Those who hear the shots and hunt there next time...
2. And those who are the shots...

NOW GET OUT AND DO YOUR OWN SCOUTING!!!
juwehoyt
hunter

Postby Ga ducker » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:18 pm

Weren't you hunting pigeons too? I'm a little confused cause I wouldn't hunt pigeons with steel shot if I could buy normal lead for cheaper. So besides the fact that you shot him over a "feedlot", you also shot him with lead?
Ga ducker
hunter

Previous

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting