Beginner with some questionss! Help appreciated!

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Beginner with some questionss! Help appreciated!

Postby cfaulk33 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:29 am

Hey guys, like the post says im fairly new to the duck hunting game. Ive been hunting deer and turkey and basically everything else since i was old enough to hold a gun. Some buddies recently got me into duck hunting last year though and now its all i think about. im HOOKED!. we own about 400 acres that are all private and only me and my dad hunt. We kill lots of big deer and have food plots through out the place. ANYWAYS, to the real point... when the river gets out our food plots flood and we get a good looking duck set up and killed some ducks out of them last year. Now that im hooked we are planning on planting for some ducks. We are planting corn and leaving it standing year round in the big food plots for the deer and ducks but are also looking for any ideas on what else we may plant.

Also we have a big slough that turns into and old riverbed/pond in the middle of our timber that holds water year round. We are gonna build a blind in there as well and would like to know what you guys would think about planting in that situation to get the ducks in there and hold them? We have heard chufa, corn, milo, millet, superweed,rice and a few others but are unsure what has proven results. Like i said we own the land and dont have a lot of people that hunt around us so we can farm it however we want and hunt whenever we choose. Also we are in the west to northwest TN region and see a lot of mallards and woodies mainly for the species.

ANY advice would be helpful! Like i said im fairly new so trying to explore my options early before next season gets close.THANKS GUYS
cfaulk33
hunter

Re: Beginner with some questionss! Help appreciated!

Postby okduckdude » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:07 am

Watch more Duck Dynasty
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Postby Hbnel5on » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:04 pm

okduckdude wrote:Watch more Duck Dynasty

I'm laughing so hard I messed up my awesome designed face paint as I was spilling my tea jug
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Hookers and blow.
Hbnel5on
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Sat May 04, 2013 8:24 am

I would contact your local state Wildlife Biologist. Tell them what you have and what you want to do. That's what I did here in NC and they were a big help. They gave me more information than I could really absorb. He also gave me a bunch of brochures that were extremely helpful.
ibedamn
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting