Using flapping Mallard Silo socks,

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Using flapping Mallard Silo socks,

Postby callinfowl » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:45 am

Using flapping Mallard Silo socks, in the marsh and field.
Have any of you had any results, good or bad using these in Cattail pothole ponds or field hunting ?
How do the birds react to them ?
Do you feel they help with drawing in birds from a distance when the wind is right and has them flapping ?
Thanks.
DK :beer:
Lifes to short to sweat the small crap !
Lighten up and have some fun ,before ya die !

Laugh at yourself and with others!!!!!
callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Re: Using flapping Mallard Silo socks,

Postby SDduckhunter23 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:11 pm

I have never used them personally but another hunter that set up across the slough from us once did. We ran 2 mojos (hen and drake) and he had 2 wind flappers. He did not shoot a bird, much less, fire a shot. I would not invest in the, get Mojos. They draw ducks much better and will always work weather or not you have wind. Our cables stated to wear in our mojos and we contacted them about it and we had new cables within 3 days. Great company, go with mojo
Carter Klatt

As you get older, and hunting time is more available to you, it can get easy to go back to a honey hole too often. Next thing you know, it's not so much honey and more of a hole.
SDduckhunter23
hunter

Re: Using flapping Mallard Silo socks,

Postby Rick Hall » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:40 am

Can't speak to the Silosock flappers and have no personal experience at all with duck flappers, but one of our camp's guides tried a pair of the electronic Lucky Duck flappers (NOT their spinners) in one of our marsh's best ponds for a couple weeks, then ditched them for regular spinners.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting