Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.
Moderators: duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake, Token
Any guesses to what this guy is?? Saw him on lake Murray in sc yesterday
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:55 pm
Fowl Obession Duck & Goose Calls Staff
Kill em' with their feet down, and wings cupped!
"I guess no one knows about Mo Booter?"
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:20 am
- Location: Carrollton, IL
Farmer John's pet
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
- Posts: 2428
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:04 am
- Location: California
sprigs4days wrote:Farmer John's pet
What Dad would call a "Heinz 57".
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
- Posts: 12559
- Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm
in all seriousness, domestic/farm duck but the guy who suggested pintail/mallard might be right
- Posts: 587
- Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:01 pm
- Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
very possible it is a hybrid pintail/mallard. look at the chest,head, and feet. As for the body/back I couldn't tell you
- Posts: 349
- Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:07 am
- Location: Indiana
We have a lot of those at the local marina. They are a mixed bag of whatever hangs out there. I've never seen the ones here fly.
- Posts: 451
- Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:49 am
- Location: Salisbury, NC
Park ducks have a thing for their siblings...
- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:42 pm
- Location: Wisconsin
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:59 pm
- Location: seldom on the X
Looks like a scovey variation with those goofy legs
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:29 am
- Location: Eureka, MO
im 99.9% sure it is a pekin/mallard i have a crap load of those ugly ducks in one of the ponds in my neighborhood. maybe today i can go and get a pic of them but im pretty sure when the cross the feet turn a weird color.
- Posts: 817
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:09 am
- Location: Grovetown GA
definitely a domestic
5 barrow's ge
2 l scaup
1 g scaup
1 comm ge
TOTAL DUCKS = 132
TOTAL GEESE = 83
TOTAL WATERFOWL = 215
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:21 am
- Location: Corvallis, Oregon
Return to Puddler Duck Hunting
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 7 guests