Duck Hunting Forum banner

Finally back in Utah and could really use some help!!!

960 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Hawk87 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!!!! I am brand new to this forum and I could really use the knowledge and experience of all the hunters on here right now!! I did some hunting back in 2004-2006 timeframe here in Utah before I graduated high school but as soon as I graduated I joined the Army and I have been on Active Duty for the past six years spending most of that time in Central Texas at Fort Hood. So, now that I am back in Utah I am really at a loss as far as good spots to go out and bust em' in the beak! I know that before I would make the 2 hour drive up to BRBR and really enjoyed hunting up there but I am from the Lehi area and going to school full time in SLC and Taylorsville. So if anybody could help me out with some places to go try out in this area I would greatly appreciate it!!!! Also I do not know ANYONE that duck hunts here in Utah so if anyone is willing to meet up with me and go out hunting that would also be AWESOME!!!! Thank you all in advance for your help and I hope that everyone has a great year!!! GOOD LUCK AND STAY SAFE!!!

#4 ·
WMA stands for Wildlife Management Area. In this case there are some places that have been basically set aside for waterfowl hunting and conservation. The maps and info can be found here: http://wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/hunting/hu ... rfowl.html

Be aware however that some of these areas have special rules (such as a rest pond at Farmington bay) so you really need to do your homework. Between the maps in the link above, google earth, and some good old fashion leg work, you should be able to find a spot near you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.