New spread opinion.

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

New spread opinion.

Postby clymerfowler » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:57 am

okay so this year im hitting the water hard. for decoys i will have 16 mallards floaters(12 hot buy new GHG, and 4 carrylights i have had for a few years), 6 black ducks, and one drake pintail. i shoot mainly mallards, woodies, and blacks on my creeks and ponds but am looking to hit some bigger water also. thinking of maybe adding 6 woodies and 6 more pintails. anyone have ideas of decoys to add. i have heard we have teal but never shot one. same with pintails.
Pigeons-231
Geese- 65
clymerfowler
hunter

Re: New spread opinion.

Postby SquadIrons » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:27 pm

I used to run a huge spread but what I'm finding lately is that less is more for anything except divers. I've had more success putting out 6-12 decoys than when I used to run +24-sized spreads.
SquadIrons
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:40 pm

I've seen a difference with "confidence" decoys. I added coots and mallard sleepers in my spread and they have worked the best during slow and not so pressured days.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:25 pm

I wouldn't add woodies to a big water puddler spread. 12 mallards , 6 pinners and a pair of blacks should kill ya ducks. Throw in a jerk rig and maybe a spinner with a remote. Won't kill the bank and I'm sure you'll kill ducks with that spread
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting