Spinners

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake, Token

Spinners

Postby Black Smoke » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:45 am

What is your guys take on putting 6 spinners out over a water spread? I hunt in Indiana so that gives you an idea of location and how familiar you think birds are with spinners.
Black Smoke
hunter

Re: Spinners

Postby BBK » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:32 am

Try it and find out. I've hunted days where I wished I had 6 spinners, and I've hunted days where one spinner flared the skittish birds.
Why do I shoot 3.5" for geese? Because they don't make a 4" yet!
BBK
hunter

Postby greenster » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:37 pm

:no:
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Black Smoke » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Greenster, what is your take? I don't get any advice from " :no: "
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Is this really a seriuos post? Or are you trolling?
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Black Smoke wrote:Greenster, what is your take? I don't get any advice from " :no: "

There's lots of spinner haters here which is fine with me. I own one but don't always use it. My best hunts are usually with out it.
One is ok, 6 is a carnival game.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby greenster » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:26 pm

I don't know what to think anymore...I'm still confused with spinner's.. I wish they where outlawed, Do I use ONE? yes. Does it flair ducks or keep them from Finishing?... absolutely! Are they a deadly tool when one knows how to use them? YES! Did the hunting seem to be better when they where banned in Arkansas? Yes! Was the hunting worse for more people than better? YES! Can you go overboard on Mojo's? YES!, Same as people putting out 5+ dozen of decoy's. :no: it just makes you look ignorant and doesn't contribute to your success. But I feel like this with lot's of things..
Last edited by greenster on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Justin Weber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:27 pm

Go hunt and try using them and not using them. I have found which situations I like them and dont like them. Your never gonna find a perfect line as to when to use them and when to not use them. Ive tried using up to 10 of them as well in a spread. It doesnt eo anything but tell birds hunters are here when you use that many.
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:52 am

It was a serious question guys and I completely agree with everything that has been said even them being outlawed. I think that they work a heck of a lot better in a dry field and no I highly doubt I use all 6 at one time but who knows I might try it and take them down as the birds start flaring haha! I think that it is such a large market now for electronic or motorized decoys that it will be hard for them to outlaw them but then again they can do whatever they want. Just a simple question just to see what you guys thought about the situation.
Black Smoke
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting