LF Partner for Waterfowl in Southern CA

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, Token, duckbuster06

LF Partner for Waterfowl in Southern CA

Postby couturec23 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Like post says... I am not sure if this is best Group for this, but it looked to be the best out of the options available. I am looking for a hunting partner that can be a mentor to a new hunter. I am 27, have wife and 19 month son, 6 year veteran of Navy, and atm using GI Bill to pursue a degree in Aviation Maintenance and Aeronautics to be a Flight Instructor as well. Thats just a little about me. I have 2 Remington 870's that I shoot trap with. I own a Mosin Nagant, Glock 23, and a Remington .22lr. I grew up in NC, but met my wife in San Diego while in the Navy and looks like I wont be going anywhere. I love to fish and I am just now getting into bird hunting. I have all necessary licenses and etc for upland and waterfowl. So thats just a little about me....

What I am hoping to meet. Looking for a hunting/fishing partner/mentor that wants to experience the outdoors with another enthusiast. I would like someone from 21-50 (Really could care less about age lol). I would really prefer someone that hunts the San Jacinto area and has a bird dog(Not Mandatory, but would be fun). Unfortunately my dog is incapable of being trained or maybe its a mix of my lack of time to train him and his lack of desire to be trained to be a bird dog. Was hoping to find someone that enjoys hunting Quail, Pheasant, Turkey, and Waterfowl (Mallard, Wigeon, Canada Geese). So really I am just looking for a laid back guy/guys/women to go hunt/fish and experience the outdoors.

I am not one of those hunters that has to "limit out" every hunt to be happy and I am more interested in the overall experience. I do have interest in getting into Bowhunting for Turkey, Deer, and Bear, but at the moment I dont have money to be spending on a 800 dollar bow so that will probably wait. I also have a passion for conservation and I am a Ducks Unlimited member. So if you are interested in any hunt in the Southern California area please email or call me. I would like to stick to San Jacinto, Julian, Laguna Mt.. El Centro, etc area. Also the Lake Cuyamaca area I saw has a duck hunting blinds for rent for the season for 550 from Dec 1 till end of season. I may be interested in sharing the cost of that with a partner if the waterfowl hunting is good there. Looking forward to meeting whoever. 619-987-9727 or couturec23@gmail.com . Please dont be the next craigslist killer or something if you contact me lol :D
couturec23
Newb

Re: LF Partner for Waterfowl in Southern CA

Postby garlicsalt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:47 am

that wife of yours she got a sister? (single)
garlicsalt
hunter

Postby couturec23 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:58 am

lol she has a halfsister that is much older(No Idea how old like 40), but she has issues. Like divorced, broke, drama, and has crazy kids. :P.
couturec23
Newb

Postby garlicsalt » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:49 am

broke, thanx i'm good.
garlicsalt
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting