What are the best WMA's for hunting Ducks?

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

What are the best WMA's for hunting Ducks?

Postby The Rock » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:46 am

I live in Central Georgia. Riverbend and Beaverdam WMA are good for hunting. I was wondering what other WMA's are good as well for hunting ducks.
The Rock
Newb

good WMA's

Postby hood » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:43 pm

I heard Rum Creek WMA is pretty, never been there. Went on a quota hunt at West Point Lake last weekend. Supposedly this place was a duck habitat/refuge area. What a joke. A few woodies, 2-4 mallards, and 6 geese were all we saw and most were at distance. Bad thing is, there were a lot of other hunters out there. You would think if it was state land, the DNR could actually plant something for them to eat! wishful thinking. I don't know what to tell you man, maybe try the rum creek area.
hood
hunter

yeah ive heard of Rum Creek

Postby The Rock » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:40 pm

Yeah, I went and checked out Rum Creek the other day, it looked good, i didnt check out the "waterfowl pond" , one of the roads went out Lake Juliette, i saw a pretty good bit of ducks swimming around in it around 4 pm, i dont even know if you can legally hunt that lake, if you could im sure it would be a great place.
The Rock
Newb

good WMA

Postby hood » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:17 am

I found out a while back that you can hunt Lake Julliete. Its a Georgia Power Lake but I don't know what type of permits you need, maybe just a WMA permit. Heard there are some ducks out there. You better jump on it, only a couple more days.
hood
hunter

Frog gig'n

Postby The Rock » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:47 pm

I also like to frog gig, and i was unsure if people were allowed to gig on these WMA ponds or lakes. Let me know if you know anything! thanks
The Rock
Newb

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting