Ignorance towards Waterfowl

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Ignorance towards Waterfowl

Postby Mike657 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Not to long ago we were hunting over big water and me and my father just got into a group of geese and one was banded. we were watching as a two flew over these other guys blinds they downed one and broke the others wing and it landed 20 yards from them in their decoys. They then proceeded to watch it swim 600yards all the way out to our blind and them not making any effort to retrieve it. I blasted it and tht filled my goose limit for the day (2 in Illinois). My father then got his other goose. We all quite about the same time and we were talking to some guys that were hunting by us. The two guys roll up and say they deserve that goose. They had the common ignorance to demand that that be their bird. We used our boat gas to get the bird and our shotgun shells to put it down. We could have easily just let the poor thing swim all over the lake and then get eaten by raccoons. I was not raised that way and either was my father. boy can people be ignorant we then responded to their pleads with a stern TOUGH S***.
Good Luck in the field-Mike.
Mike657
hunter

Re: Ignorance towards Waterfowl

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Yeah it really bothers me when people don't make an effort to retrieve their birds. Low class hunters in my mind.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby jscheirer » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:50 pm

A wounded bird deserves an honest effort to go get it. I've shot divers before and they can nearly out swim a boat when they are diving under water. While that is a pain in the ass, it still has to be done. I really hope you didn't give the two guys "their" goose
jscheirer
hunter

Postby Mike657 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:49 pm

No we did not give it to them. They needed to learn that in order to conserve the sport of hunting they need to treat the birds with respect and not act like piss wads. When our birds hit the water and they show any sighn of life we take as many shots as it takes to humanely take that bird. thanks for your replys.
Good Luck in the field-Mike.
Mike657
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting