ANYONE FALL IN DEEP WATER WITH WADERS?

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Re: ANYONE FALL IN DEEP WATER WITH WADERS?

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:35 am

With regard to going over:
I like the idea of thin layers that have been offered with many new companies. By the time you put on your Under Armor, then a insulating layer, then some poly, then a shell......you are super warm with very little. The says of giant coats and sweaters are over. If you end up in the drink....you at least won't saturate to a level of sinking.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: ANYONE FALL IN DEEP WATER WITH WADERS?

Postby brian tierno » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:29 am

I scuba dive and neoprene is buoyant . but so is the human body . I have to wear approx. 23lbs of weights when I dive ,i'm 230 +-,a little....lol and the 5mm wetsuit, gloves ,hood and boots I add about 5-7 lbs. more weight. Its like wearing a tool box around my waist. I fell in face first stepping off marsh in gsb about 20 yrs. ago when the edge of the marsh collapsed wearing rubber chests, as they filled with warm caribbean sea water "I think I actually walked on water "as I made a hastey retreat , I remember the heavy labored walk out of the water , I always measure twice and look once before stepping ever since .
brian tierno
hunter

Previous

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting