Blind "extras"

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

Blind "extras"

Postby IowaWaterfowler10 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Wrapping up the progress on a permanent blind. What are some features you guys like in your permanent blinds that maybe not everyone has that adds a nice touch. Trying to think outside the box. Thanks for the help.
IowaWaterfowler10
hunter

Re: Blind "extras"

Postby Gj325 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:22 pm

I really thought my first blind was out of box. Flip out shooting doors. All alum frame with alum composite skin. Front heater box with dog box. Mine is a field blind wish I had it stuck in a good green timber hole.

[url][URL=http://s757.photobucket.com/user/Gj325/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/C2D5CA14-E125-4347-8311-658A94D9B3D1_zps2tilfofk.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
Gordon WPS
Gj325
hunter

Postby tsamp » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:36 am

You could put a propane boot dryer in there for the clumsy folks who tend to always soak themselves 30 mins before shooting light! Basically a rack in an unused corner with an anvil or other indirect propane type heat source underneath it. You can even get fancy and make it like a lil box so you have a table in the corner to set stuff on while warming boots or gloves maybe a samich!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tsamp
hunter

Postby East Tex » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:22 am

May look to put a light inside the blind for getting everything arranged in the mornings before daylight. Also may add cup holders to the walls if you have space and extra wood to make use. The cup holders could also be used as a place to sit a box of shells.
East Tex
hunter

Postby Echospartan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:44 pm

Not very "out of the box" but a shelf for putting coffee extra shells clock ect. would be nice. Another idea would be a small fridge for some sodas and sandwiches. :bifridge
Pull 'em outta the sky!
Echospartan
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:14 am

Only a couple of things I require in a blind I build: padded seat at the right height, a backrest of some sort, and a gun holder to keep the guns handy and safe.

I also like a solid floor with drainage....I usually make it out of 2x6's with 1/2" gaps between the 2x6's so water and mud can drain out, but not let shells drop through.
mudpack
hunter

Postby nitram » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:03 pm

If you're running propane for a boot dryer and heat, you might as well put a cook stove in there as well. There's something about pork meat in a skillet and biscuits in the oven to make everyone feel better, even on the coldest bluebird days. And wop cinnamon rolls........yeah baby!
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby tsamp » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:49 am

nitram wrote:If you're running propane for a boot dryer and heat, you might as well put a cook stove in there as well. There's something about pork meat in a skillet and biscuits in the oven to make everyone feel better, even on the coldest bluebird days. And wop cinnamon rolls........yeah baby!

I concur!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tsamp
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:21 pm

local cheerleaders................... :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
ohioboy
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting