decoy transport

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

decoy transport

Postby rnloutdoors » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:26 pm

Alright, sorry if this thread is in the wrong spot but I really don't know where else this would go. I have a 14ft vbottom boat with a 8 horse, I usually carry me and one more guy somtime three. I have a blind built on and im running out of room for gear, now i just have a little 8 horse so im not breaking any speed records but has anyone used a magnum otter sled and drug it like a tube and put your decoy bags in there and tie them to it just incase it would flip the wouldnt float away. Or would I be asking for disaster tying to do this .

Thanks guys,
rnloutdoors
hunter

Re: decoy transport

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Sounds like a disaster to me, maybe just try cutting down your spread a little?
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:42 pm

use slotted bags and stack them
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:04 am

rnloutdoors wrote:has anyone used a magnum otter sled and drug it like a tube and put your decoy bags in there

I've not tried that with a sled, but I've done it several times with an 8' AquaPod. Works like a charm.....

I'd imagine a sled would work as long as you kept the center of gravity low. I.e. don't stack the bags too high. :thumbsup:
I HAVE pulled a sled loaded with gear, including decoys, walking up and down the river. It works okay as long as the CG is low.
mudpack
hunter

Postby Trout&Duck » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:09 am

Depending on what brand of decoys you are using you might be able to run parachute cord around the boat and then if the decoys have the line cleats on the front of the keel (like GHG) you just hook the decoys onto the cord. It might not work at high speeds or in rougher water though.
Trout&Duck
hunter

Postby tsamp » Thu May 01, 2014 6:54 am

I'd agree with mudpack on the aquapod, but i have seen guys make pole hangers or racks for boats to hang bag off of to clear floor space or pop up the blind and if it's stable and can hold a lil weight hang em off that. Just make sure your weight is placed evenly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tsamp
hunter

Postby rnloutdoors » Thu May 01, 2014 8:03 am

lots of good ideas, thanks guys. I think this summer i will screw around trying different things out
rnloutdoors
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting