I want one more call

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

I want one more call

Postby plainsman » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:05 pm

I'm going to run with 2 seperate lanyards next year. 1 for goose and the other for duck. I already know whats going on my goose lanyard, but need opinions on 1 last call to finish my duck string. The 2 I've already decided on are the double nasty xl and Doc's double duck. So I'd like some input on what NON-STICKING call to purchase that will fill it up. I'm open to singles or doubles.What would be your choice?
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:46 pm

Echo poly timber double reed or a winglock hedge/poly double reed.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:12 pm

Swamp Puppy wrote:Echo poly timber double reed or a winglock hedge/poly double reed.
Is that a sales pitch? :laughing: Way ta go Swampy slide it in there you old :spam: er. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:28 pm

heh...no. i actually would recommend that regardless. besides. i mentioned another call. lol.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby plainsman » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:06 am

I don't know about the Echo, but I do know, from first hand experience, that the Winglock doubles stick badly in cool weather. They just can't handle the condensation. That's why I sold mine.....a sticky call lures no ducks :tounge:
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:10 am

The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Admin2 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:24 am

Generally the double reeds are queiter and more suited for a beginner/advanced hunter. Where as the single reeds are louder and need more hand manipulation to get key sounds and more suited for intermediate hunters.

Sticking reeds is due to spit, basically some guys produce more split that other. You may want to look for tone boards with a "chanel" cut into the tone board. It will be a lot less likely to stick. IMO there is no such thing as a no stick call, but rather you look for the least chance of it sticking. Also try RainX on the tone board and reeds as the spit will sheet off easier, and thus less likey to stick.

BTW I think Steve who owns Fowl Language Calls will cut in channels in the tone board if you ask him too with his calls. I'm not aware of who else also does this, or if any come channeled all the time in a production run calls.

Maybe a few guys can post up if there calls are channeled or if they rarely stick.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:29 am

i have a Reid Threadgill custom single reed that i had a horrible time with it sticking. i sent it back to Reid (after a phone call of course) and he cut grooves into the tone board and not a problem since.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:35 am

Im useing a primous wench Fusion 1/2 acrylic 1/2 polycarb it works great :thumbsup:
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Duck U 2 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:19 pm

I like a Faulks call. Can't remember the exact model, but it's a single reed and works for feeding chuckles, loud hails, and good ole' standard quacks.
I try not to spit in it and it hasn't stuck. It will freeze in cold weather, but they'll all do that if you don't tuck them in. These calls sell for less than $20. :thumbsup:
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby Duck Crazy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:01 pm

if you can learn to blow clean air it will help the stickin some. but with blowing clean air u have to blow hot air. the hot air from your breath and the cool air in the call will make condensation, so really few calls will not stick, cept for those with channels cut in them or the RainX treated call.
Think, Duck
Dream, Duck
Kill, Duck

It's an Obsession
Duck Crazy
hunter

Postby sioutdoors » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:12 pm

primos whench all the way does sometimes stick on the first not. I just blow real easy before i use it :thumbsup:
belly up feet kicking
http://sihunters.blogspot.com/
sioutdoors
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum