Zink XR-2 What do you think?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

Zink XR-2 What do you think?

Postby kansaswingnut » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:43 am

I am thinking of buying a ZINK XR-2. Anybody own one? Give me some input.
New birds make us all better hunters...eh.
kansaswingnut
hunter

Postby Bret » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:58 pm

I had one for a while. I thought it was an ok call. I sure could not run it as well as some of the other calls on the market. THE GUYS THAT CAN RUN THEM SURE MAKE THEM SOUND AWESOME. I think you must have to put the air into the call a little different. I did not keep the one I had long enough to learn how to make it sound like the video.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby XR-2 Fan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:50 pm

I got mine in last week and let me tell ya this thing is awesome!!! I've been looking for a call that sounds like a duck and nothing more and I've finally found it. All my other calls are now retired. I called and talked to Field at Zink calls and man did he send me a good one. Super nice guy and he also gave me some tips on running the call. My advice to you would be to blow several of them before buying one if possible, or call and talk to Field and get him to tune you up a sweet one. You probably already know this, but if you want a "ringer" or a "screamer" don't get this call. It's all duck and nothing more. It also comes with an instructional video that's really helpful. I'm new to the xr-2 and had to make a few adjustments in blowing it, but it's by far my favorite call. Just holler back if ya have any questions. I'll be happy to try to help if I can. Good luck!!!
XR-2 Fan
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum