Duck Commander 1972 series

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, Mallyard, stumpjumper, okiequacker

Duck Commander 1972 series

Postby werp16 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:49 am

HI, I was wandering if the duck commander 1972 series duck call was a good call but I never heard any reviews on it, so I was wandering if anybody has that call or heard anything good/bad about them. Thanks.
werp16
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: Duck Commander 1972 series

Postby gkerrigan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:29 pm

Depends on which kind. They have the acrylic '72 series and wood '72 series.

The wood '72 series call is more of a mid-range to finishing call. It is not made to be really loud.
The acrylic version can be tuned to get louder and be more of an open-water call or field call. I know Jase used the acrylic a lot last year when he was hunting big water, or on windy days.

As with all Duck Commander calls, they are both very ducky... they have a good raspy-ness to them.

You can always call or email one of the guys at the Duck Commander shop and they will hook you up. Tell them what you are looking for and they will take care of it.
gkerrigan
hunter

Postby werp16 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks a lot for the info
werp16
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:35 am

I've got a burnt hedge and it is probably my favorite call, like they say u won't win any companwith it but ducks will come right to it, probably one of if not the best call I've heard IMO
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby gehofff » Tue May 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Does anyone know if they updated the design of this call? A friend of mine got a dymondwood moss green one for christmas and wanted help learning to use it. I fell in love immediately, and found one at cabelas for half off last year. That call was deadly, top to bottom, quite to loud, until I lost the insert and guts. I ordered new guts and insert, and I can't stand the way it sounds, it cracks and breaks and whines anytime I try to get it quiet, or any time I push it to the top register. Any thoughts?

To the OP, I loved mine before I lost the insert. Hands down the deadliest and most versatile call on my lanyard, until I got careless and had to order new guts and insert.
gehofff
Newb

Postby Rick Hall » Wed May 17, 2017 5:38 am

Perhaps it's nothing more than a tuning issue that could be solved with a few new reeds and experimentation. Or it could be the individual new toneboard you received has a flaw. If I wasn't comfortable checking those myself, I'd send the call back to the shop with a note about its shortcoming and let them fix it.

And in the meantime I'd find a decent lanyard with loops for both barrel and insert.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum