Late Season Call Shy Ducks

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

Late Season Call Shy Ducks

Postby CrackerJackShot » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:58 pm

Ok guys I was wonderin about when all of yall think that you really start to see a difference in how the ducks respond to the call. Early to mid season I can say that I turn ducks back around with comback calls and really secure the deal with confidence chuckling and my gadwall call. But then little quacks and stuff all of a sudden will make the ducks stay further away. Also how many other people just put down their call and let the birds decide on their own to land or not?
CrackerJackShot
hunter

Postby KO » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:58 pm

The later it gets the less I call....by the end of Oct they've heard it all....I try to keep t to only feed call or quiet sngle quacks.....one of those less is more things
KO
hunter

late season calling

Postby bill 1965 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:58 am

Speaking for my self i find that the later the season the less i call 2 let the birds work your decoys on theyre own once they decide to comite u can bring the closer with singel quaks if they decide to set up to far away from the decoys hier we get alot of fog so when its foggy i like to call them till they see the decoys then stop and throw a few teal calls at mallards watch what happens
bill 1965
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:30 am

I call very sparingly later in the year once they have seen the decoys being quiet with a duck call can be a better idea
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum