How many of you

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

How many of you

Postby XR-2 Fan » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:38 am

have bought a duck call that alone has replaced all other calls on your lanyard? If so, what call is it and why did it replace all your other calls? For instance I bought an xr-2 last week and really love the pure duck sounds the call has. I've noticed that when I get really good on one call I get worse on my others(different brands), so I've decided to go with my best sounding one and get as good with it as I can. Have any of you done this?
XR-2 Fan
hunter

Postby KO » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:23 pm

While I wont tell ya what call like the best... certainly have my favorite...I stll carry 3 duck calls and 1 goose call.....my worst fear s having a call freeze up or somethng and beng out there with no call...so I always carry more even though I always have that 1 call I favor
KO
hunter

Postby XR-2 Fan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:28 pm

Well I guess I'm the only weirdo that has done this!!! Let's try another question. Are any of you guys brand specific on your calls or do most of you use several different brands together? If so, what brand calls do you like and why? The xr-2 for me, covers all my call needs for where I hunt, so I just narrowed my mallard arsenal to that one call. I still use my gadwall drake call and my whistle for the "other" ducks.
XR-2 Fan
hunter

Postby chevyZ71 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:53 pm

im pretty much a duck commander type call guy. i think my second would be rnt or foiles migrators.
chevyZ71
hunter

Postby athomeruddy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:34 am

daisy cutter gets blown about 80% of the calling.
athomeruddy
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:01 pm

Foiles timber rattler sees the most action follwed up by the h.s. diamond wood
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby Duck Crazy » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:50 pm

I've got a Southern Game Calls little joel that replaced a buck gardner tall timber II and a quackhead
Think, Duck
Dream, Duck
Kill, Duck

It's an Obsession
Duck Crazy
hunter

Postby Jim Broadbridge » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:51 am

Haydel DR-85 if I only had one.
I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
Jim Broadbridge
hunter

Postby Original talker » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:54 pm

You know its hard to argue with someone about what they like, I mean I like blonds with big juggs, but you might like brunettes with big ones. I think it is like an evolution. Every one starts with a Duck Commander, then probably a haydells or buck gardener and so on. I have found that as I get older I want the best stuff. So I tried all of the above and the then I went to acrylic, I know why spend the money. Like I said I want the stuff that is the best and will perform when I need it to. So the money was not an option. I did research, looked at all the acrylic calls and RNT kept coming up, world champions etc... So I bought the originial and now I have the Daisy Cutter. These calls have not failed me yet, my buddy (He blows the short barrell, RNT) and I have been more successfull this year with these calls then in any other year with those other calls. I know it is the caller more then the call but I like that my acrylic does not change pitch with the changes in tempature. So that is my two cents worth. Good luck.
Original talker
hunter

Postby Duck Crazy » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:07 pm

i just like girls with big ones (not fat ones though)
Think, Duck
Dream, Duck
Kill, Duck

It's an Obsession
Duck Crazy
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum