A duck calling movie.

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

A duck calling movie.

Postby S-2-K » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:00 am

I am looking for some help. My father and I hunt and he is an excellent caller we have watched some Duckman videos together and listened to many diffrent methods of calling, but we hunt in a Club with tons of blinds around us. Where in most duckman videos hes the only one for miles. I was wondering if any of you can recommend a good video to tell you when you us a certain call and when to just shut up. Also a video that will help pull ducks to us!
S-2-K
Newb

Postby KO » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:15 pm

In my experience calling wont be the key....assuming all the hunters are equally good......when ducks are exposed to that much calling they will actually shy away from calls

If I were to recommend something it would this this.......use as many decoys as you can afford.....call in relation to your spread size.....when you use 2 dozen decoys dont call much....I'd use slow quite single quacks and not much else......if you've watch real birds they dont vocalize much when in small bunches...it pays to do what they do....

I've never seen a video for what you're after...lets face it these guys are into selling videos..they're not going to tape a tough hunting situation
KO
hunter

Postby SteveInTN » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:51 pm

While it isn't a video, RNT has a 3 CD collection about duck calling. The 3rd CD in the set, I think the name is Advanced Techniques, talks about what to do and when to do it. You'll hear them say, and it is probably true, that this can only come from time spent in the field. Trial and error.
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:31 pm

I just bought one from the clearance bin at the Gander Mountain store that just opened up here. It was called "How to Call Ducks" (by the Morten bros. I think) .I got it for four or five dollars. I did give quite a bit of information and there was nothing fancy about it. I've only had the chance to watch it once, but I think it helped me quite a bit.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby S-2-K » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:08 pm

Well thanks for the help! I'll check out that 3 disc cd sounds like it may have a thing or two on it. Also thanks KO for the advice.
S-2-K
Newb

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum