What to buy?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

What to buy?

Postby puddlerjumper » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:56 pm

I was watching a TV show the other day with some boys hunting timber and I don't remember if it was a RNT or an Echo, but it was one of the higher end calls in those two brands, it was wood. I've always been a wood call guy, and I've blown single reeds, but I love the tone I get from my double reeds. My two calls on the lanyard are my Duck Commander Classic Commander and my Echo Open Water Double reed. I can run those pretty good, but I figure it's about time for me to step up to the next level on calls. Here are the requirements:
1. I want wood, although if you guys can reccomend an acrylic for around the same price that is that much better, I'll go acrylic.

2. It better not stick. If I'm spending 75-100 bucks on a call, it better not stick.

3. It has to have a good down low quack, with some rasp, but I want to be able to get loud. Now I don't need ringing hail calls, but I don't want to start to open up soft and have it squeal on me because I blew it too hard.

4. I really would like a double reed, but if there is a single reed out there that will give me that natural ducky tone, tell me.

5. Can't be over 110 bucks. I know that may limit me, but that is all I'm willing to spend.

6. Not partial to any company, but only reccomend those with good customer service.

7. If there is a poly, or a cheaper wooden call that will do all this, by all means.....Tell me![/b]
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby Duck Crazy » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:06 pm

Southern Game Calls Little Joel in Poly for $20
Echo timber diamond wood, its double reed for $45 its alittle softer of a call but its a good en
or you can go same call but in cocobola and single reed for $80
RNT original in wood for $75-80 single reed
RNT daisy cutter in Bois d'arc for $80 single reed
Buck Gardner Tall Timber II(single reed) or Double Nasty II(Dbl Reed) (both are poly calls) for $20

each of these calls are different, but each are respectively good calls.
Think, Duck
Dream, Duck
Kill, Duck

It's an Obsession
Duck Crazy
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum