what call do I use for feed chuckle???

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

what call do I use for feed chuckle???

Postby buster_22 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:51 pm

Does anyone have a preference on a type of call you like to use when producing the feed call. I am having a hard time reproducing the feed call and i'm not sure if it's the call that i'm using. Can anyone help, or recomend a call for me to use.. Thanks :salude:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby KO » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:08 pm

Probably the best call to use is the single reed call.....I personally use the word "duh"

If I had to give a sequence it would look something like this:

duh duh...duh duh duh....duh...quack...du duh\\\\ect ect.....

I found that soft single quacks will a little feed type call works best as opposed to more feed and less soft quacks

listen to some of the sound clips at kdcalls.com
KO
hunter

Postby b c g s » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:04 pm

Any call can do all of the sounds that most hunters want ,,in my opinion single reeds do work a little better for most, it could be that you are not useing back pressure or you might have to much back pressure,,,,, My 8 year old daughter has a hard time with the feed call and it's because she dose not give the call the back pressure it needs,,, Try using a call with no insert and practice that way and see if that helps. If you like you may call me and I can try to help. It s easier to talk to some one on the phone and help ,,, or call a prostaffer that lives close to you and see if the can help you / or will help you. ( Some hunters have been calling for along time and still cant get the feeder call right,,, dont give up trying )

TOM :thumbsup:
Last edited by b c g s on Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live to hunt and hunt to live
b c g s
hunter

Postby GAduck&goose » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:45 pm

I like a single reed using tooka tooka and ticka ticka
GAduck&goose
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:20 am

why do you guys prefer a single reed over a double reed? I thought a double reed would give you a better chance to produce the feed call. How do I know if a call needs alot of back pressure? :cool:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby Rowdy » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:05 am

you can reproduce a good feed call with both types of calls you just have to find one that suits your needs, you need an easy blowing call one that dosent take much air to work. the sounds that i have had success with are Ticket, Kitty. DuDA, taka. just pick a similar sound that you can do really fast. do a few short breaths of Kitty kitty kitty quack kitty kitty quack and repeat as stated above more soft quacks and less rolling feed seem to work better..

and practice all the time not just in the blind!
at home turn the call around and blow through the exhaust end so it dont make noise..
Rowdy
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:03 pm

Hey thanks for the help :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:36 pm

One more thing to say, if you add a quack in there everyonce and a while, it will re set your lips and maybe give you a little more air.
Ticka ticka ticka ticka quack ticka quack ticka ticka and so on
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Postby ken h » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:01 pm

Either call will work. I use the Keith Allen's method. dugga dugga dugga or goo goo goo, gaa gaa gaa then drag out every once in a while duug duug duug aaaaaaa

Get Keith Allen's cd as he explains how to blow duck calls extremely well and easy to learn
ken h
hunter

Postby Tmoney » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:36 am

I had a hard time doing ti until I got my SMM- real real easy to blow with that call.
But it's a must to run it with a single reed call.
I say ticka-ticka-ticka
Tmoney
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:33 am

Hey thanks for the follow up.. How much did that call cost you? :cool:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum