Which Call Company is the Best?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl, Mallyard

RNT
33%
Echo
19%
Buck Gardner
5%
Hobo
7%
Duck Commander
5%
Haydels
No votes
Kum Duck
No votes
Tim Grounds
7%
Committed Custom Calls
7%
Other
19%

Total votes : 43

Postby wtrfowl07 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:04 pm

I would have to say I like Buck Gardner Calls for the price. What does everyone else think? I know RNT is top notch too. Any other companys I am forgetting on the poll?
Last edited by wtrfowl07 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wtrfowl07
hunter

Re: Which Call Company is the Best?

Postby jrode237 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:17 pm

That's like asking which sportscar would you drive, a Corvette, Viper, Mustang Cobra, Lambo, Porsche, etc....(the obvious answer to that is ALL OF THEM)
They all make calls that sound like a duck, period. It is up to you to determine which is the "best" for your needs (those needs being fit, function, tone, range, and most importantly sound). Obviously all the successful companies like the ones you have listed meet enough of most people's needs, that they remain in business. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them so long as you try out a bunch of them and pick what fits you best. For me, that company is RNT but I own and occasionally use Echo, Buck Gardner, Watkins, Black Timber, Committed Customs, Fowlweather, Kellys Kalls, etc....
jrode237
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:48 pm

Black Timber of course :biggrin: In all seriousness my two favorite companies are my own (Black Timber) and RNT. I use both hunting and both on the meat stage. I also use a RNT MVP for mainstreet calling, Butch makes IMO the best mainstreet call hands down. However, that is just for me, other calls fit other people better
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby coach_1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Committed Custom Calls for me. :thumbsup:
coach_1
hunter

Postby LA.Call'emClose » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:09 am

sorry cant pick just one, i could however give you a short list of my top 50 or so callmakers :help:
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
LA.Call'emClose
hunter

Postby jwoodcock » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:43 am

Tim Grounds Goose
RNT Duck
People from the hunting industry let you down. I have no idols in this sport.
jwoodcock
hunter

Postby XR-2 Fan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:58 am

For me at the moment it's Lares all the way. Smaller company and great calls! :thumbsup:
XR-2 Fan
hunter

Postby duckbio » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:15 am

RNT is a great call maker, but I can't believe you left out Haydels. Their DR-85 has almost a cult following.
"Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but political correctness is killing me."
duckbio
hunter

Postby gkerrigan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:37 am

Come on, guys. No love for the bearded boys of Louisiana? Duck Commander makes some pretty good calls.
gkerrigan
hunter

Postby Rockboy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:42 am

Ducklander out of Olathe, KS. Bobby makes a pure killin call and treats ya right.
Layout boats and blinds are pure death from below to the mallet's but leaning on a tree is the best deal in the woods!
Rockboy
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:10 am

I used to think a duck call was a duck call. THEN I bought a Daisy Cutter. At first I thought, "what's the big deal?".

That thought lasted about 5 or maybe 6 minutes of playing with the call and figuring out, OMG, I can make all sorts of sounds and can make quacks that squeak at the end if I want etc. Had been trying pitifully with cheap two-reed calls that are made in molds. Had never had much luck with single-reed's until the DC. Something clicked in my head and it was, "don't blow so hard".

Haven't used many RnT duck calls but I carry my DC everywhere I go practically in case I can sneak in some practice in the truck or wherever. I just love that call.

Hard to decide which RnT to buy next. I'm leaning towards a Short Barrel for my second one.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Bgold » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Trevor Shannahan wrote:Black Timber of course :biggrin: In all seriousness my two favorite companies are my own (Black Timber) and RNT. I use both hunting and both on the meat stage. I also use a RNT MVP for mainstreet calling, Butch makes IMO the best mainstreet call hands down. However, that is just for me, other calls fit other people better

Whats the duck duster sound like?

As more answering the OP's question, There is no best...period. What do I have on my lanyard? CCC, RNT and soon to have a Watkins.
Foamy Log Blind@ ProStaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a Log"

Retrieves by Gunner: 23
Bgold
hunter

Postby NEgander81 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:49 am

Often overlooked in the duck call market, but GK makes my favorite duck call. Plus, Bob provides the best customer service I have found in the market.
NEgander81
hunter

Postby Doyle Tobel » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:57 am

Gander Valley Calls is one to add to the list IMOP they have the best duck call I have ever hunted with, The Homewrecker is built to hunt and hunt hard!! The service I have received through Mark is the best in the business hands down, the guy hunts more than anyone I know, he gets to R&D everyday of the season and it shows in his calls!
Doyle Tobel
hunter

Postby waterfowl1030 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Hobo duck calls all the wayyy!!! I know theve only been out for a couple years but they are amazing. Plus kent is a great guy to deal with. If you pick one up you will know what i meen
Big Sean's Championship Calls Field Team
waterfowl1030
hunter

Postby choc24/7 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:09 pm

noe of the ones listed.......pretty dumb poll.... :fingerhead:
nothin like watchin' prior skybustin'

i usually have good seats for the show
choc24/7
hunter

Postby andymac32 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Man this is like asking who's the best QB ever? Ask ten guys and get ten different qb's!
Or what truck is the best or what atv is the best or what driver is the best! Everyone is going to have a different opinion. I voted Tim Grounds myself.
andymac32
hunter

Postby SpeckKiller » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:03 pm

I would have to go with true edge custom calls they make the best double reed calls on the market and there single reed calls are even better they also make some pretty good speck calls
SpeckKiller
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum