cutt down calls

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

cutt down calls

Postby mcn22 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:26 pm

Anyone ever use these? My dad got a free one (the double reed cajun hen mallard) at a DU banquet, so I decided to take it out to the marsh. Much to my surprise, this call sounded exactly like the mallards out on the water. The tone and raspiness were perfect, and in fact I think it sounded as good as my buddies $130 call. Unfortunately, the guts ended up falling off of my lanyard into the water, but I'm looking to get another one. I looked it up on their website, and this call is only like 16 bucks! :getdown:

Let me know if anyone has ever tried one. Thanks.
mcn22
hunter

Postby plainsman » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:55 pm

I tried the GYD goose call and it was pure junk!!!!!!It has more purpose on the mantle than it ever would in the field. I ended up giving it away...I couldn't ask anything for it, as it wasn't worth anything :thumbsdown:
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:02 pm

Cutt down calls, or Cutt Down Game Calls?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:03 pm

Gooseboy wrote:Cutt down calls, or Cutt Down Game Calls?

I CDGC acrlic Dead Timber and it was awsome but it broke, i bought their acrylic Timber Mallard and it is nice!
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby greenster » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:51 pm

If It sounds just like the mallards on the water: Bring your gun and your call to Ar.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby athomeruddy » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:10 pm

great call, the Timber 2 or whatever its called is an awesome call for the money, will be getting an acrylic one here in Feb. but a single reed
athomeruddy
hunter

Postby Bret » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:15 am

Is the acrylic a newer one? I had a couple of the older style series ones and the machined extreme. I did not care for them but I hear there have been some improvements made. They were fairly resistant to sticking.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum