Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.
Moderators: stumpjumper, callinfowl, Mallyard, okiequacker
I am new to hunting mallards. What is the best call for the begginer?
- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:52 am
- Location: Texas
i would get something double reed and under $50.00. primos makes a good cheap line up or haydels.
to listen and buy
I love the fog and rain!
- Posts: 505
- Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm
- Location: Bend, Oregon
Echo double timber....
- Posts: 2027
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:02 am
- Location: Kennewick, WA
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
- Posts: 1419
- Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:53 am
- Location: Horn Lake,Mississippi
Yes, Haydels Dr-85 is a good starter call, try it. But keep in mind you cant try too many calls when you are starting out. see what calls "fit you"
It's an Obsession
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:15 pm
- Location: Baton Rouge, LA
#1 don't ever for get whistling ducks, mallards will respond to them.
For just mallards soft sounding quacks and natural clucks has been the best for me. Clucks? Yes, Hen malllards cluck listen to the ones that are feeding or in a local park you will be amazed at their sounds. Also try drake grunt that will bring them in nice and close. Mallard drake grunts can be made on most whistling duck calls, making them able to call many species of ducks all in one
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:59 am
- Location: Sacramento Valley California North of the Sutter Buttes
Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests