Iverson Duck calls

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Iverson Duck calls

Postby HUMBOLDT HUNTER » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:57 pm

Have any of you guy's tried an Iverson duck call? I would really appreciate it if you could give me some info, that would be great.
HUMBOLDT HUNTER
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:59 pm

wow she is an expensive little baby that is all i know... especially for wood but as stated before some people liek the sound of wood better than actylic ... go to a place that will let you blow it compare the sounds you can make out of it with other calls if it fits you and you have the money %$&* go for it
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HUMBOLDT HUNTER » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:25 pm

I did get to blow one the other day, at a little mom and pop hunting shop. It was a cocobola call that retailed for $130 and it was sounded really nice, but I barely blew it because I wanted to respect the store owner for just letting me try it out. So I was wondering if somebody has some more input on one before I buy one.
HUMBOLDT HUNTER
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:56 pm

humm they took them down a bit at the begaing of last season they were 2 bills
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Great Calls!!!!

Postby jduck1 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:23 pm

I have hunted with one 6 yrs now. They do have a different sound than Arcylic calls and they can stick at times. I carry a Echo Timber and the short Iverson Champion call on my lanyard. They are very ducky and have a very raspy sound. Good feeder chuckle as well.

Last I noticed they were still in the $150 range. They do have some very expensive calls that are checkered and what not. I just have the Cocobola banded model. Same as the high end just no fancy checkering.

Give them a try. I have sent my call into them once for cleaning and new reed and they were fast and did a great job. Iverson used to be in the Bay Area. The business sold and I think the new owner moved in to TX last I noticed? They used to have a web site and would show up at Cal Expo every year for the sportsmans Expo in Jan.

Iverson web site
[/url]http://www.iversonduckcalls.com/products/duckcalls/duckcalls.htm[url]

Hope this helps?
Jduck1[/url]
jduck1
hunter

Postby HUMBOLDT HUNTER » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:42 pm

Hey thanks alot. The guy that I talked to said he's been using their calls since they started out in Santa Rosa, which is pretty close to the bay area, and only like 4 hrs away from my home town (Eureka). I liked the sound of the call that I blew, alot and am pondering about buying one for myself now. Thanks for the input.
HUMBOLDT HUNTER
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum